Part 118 (It's Okay)

"Did they surrender?" Bucky asked Cap as we made it to the field with the several armies.

"Not exactly." Steve huffed.

The Wakandans began chanting, and Loki's jaw clenched as these... Beings, animal-like and raging, began rushing out of the forest, showing no hesitance as they bombarded the barrier.

"There's far too many of them." He said as he analyzed the incoming attack. "They'll make it through."

"That's why we're here." I mumbled back.

I caught sight of Proxima, who glared down at the armies with a smirk. I felt my breath slow, my jaw clench together in built up frustration.

"Don't." Loki mumbled, clearly catching wind of my sights.

"They're killing themselves." I heard someone say, clearly horrified by the scene of these aliens, burning and cutting themselves in half to get through the barrier by the masses.

"You seen the teeth on those things?" I heard Sam say through the coms. "Cap, if these things circle the perimeter and get in behind us... There's nothing between them and Vision."

"Then we better keep them in front of us." Steve responded.

I didn't think Loki's jaw could clench any further as he sighed in frustration. "If things go wrong, you are to leave. Understand?"

"Lok-"

"No! This is a compromise Danielle. The only one I have to offer you; if it were up to me I'd have already teleported you far away from this gods forsaken place. Now, promise me. Promise me you will leave." He spoke quickly, purposefully as he grabbed my chin.

"Okay, okay. I promise." I whispered.

"Good." He breathed, "That's good."

Just before the barrier opened a sliver, Loki's lips pressed quickly against mine.

"Do not, and I repeat, do not die on me." I spoke quickly as the aliens began rushing in, the armies now running to meet them. "Fuck." I grumbled, before teleporting forwards.

Loki wasn't far behind, and we made quick work of the first few outriders, shooting them back with magic blows before Loki cut them, just as we had Hela's warriors on Asgard.

That was until Loki got tackled by two of the beasts. I wasn't sure what I had done until I had blown them both off of him, their bodies flying only to become smoldering bone and ash. Loki, however, was completely unharmed by my default attack, breathing heavy as he stared at the bones for only a moment.

"Very good, Dove." He got out between heaves, forcing himself back upwards.

"You okay?" I asked as I shot again at another of the outriders, watching it fall down to the same remnants as the others.

"When did you learn that?" Loki asked as he backed himself against me, fighting off the beings that came from behind.

"Dark elves." I responded, shooting another. "More effective on these things, though."

A deep chuckle escaped Loki's throat, a sound I was genuinely surprised to hear.

But then I remembered, of course, who he was. That man who was constantly wanting to play it safe, who would happily stay in an isolated place reading... That wasn't Loki, only Loki with me. He thrived on chaos, took genuine joy out of mayhem. This was, though terrifying, simultaneously exhilarating for a god of mischief. Especially if he didn't have to worry about my ability to handle myself.

"Proxima is making her way in the barrier. I'm gonna meet her there." I grumbled as I threw one of the outriders back with magic.

"No, let her come through. You meet her there, she'll have the upper hand and a majority of the outriders beside her. We should wait until she gets through and try to catch her from behind." Loki spoke as he fought, swiftly avoiding the paw-like snatches of the aliens.