"Fine." She nodded eagerly, satisfied with her painting.

Abhimanyu began the countdown. "Three...two...one!"

Akshara and Abhimanyu flipped over their paintings to show each other. Akshara's jaw dropped open at Abhimanyu's sketch of her. It perfectly encapsulated her sitting on the floor, one knee bent upwards to her chest, with the other leg folded neatly below. The strap of her camisole was falling off her shoulder. She looked at her shoulder to see the same strap had fallen off her shoulder, at exactly the right place.

In the sketch, she was holding a sketch pad, just as she had been in real life. Abhimanyu's drawing also captured the frown lines on her forehead, the ways her eyes were so focused on the notepad in front of her, the strands of lose hair curled along the side of her head and her hair in a messy ponytail.

In the portrait, she was holding a pen in her mouth, as she focused diligently the notepad in front of her. And suddenly she felt seen. She didn't know how to explain it but...but the drawing spoke volumes. It was made with love, the soft strokes, the light touch of hand. It was...just perfect. The drawing felt so raw, so...real that Akshara couldn't help but marvel at it.

"Abhi...this..." Speechless.

Abhimanyu's vision of her —how he looked at her —so mundane but yet...paying attention to each and every intricate detail —it was truly magnificent.

"Like it?" He asked, proudly showing off his sketch.

Akshara shook her head. "No." She looked up to meet his gaze, lost in the decadent eyes. "I love it."

Abhimanyu gave her a boyish grin. "Thanks. I...I used to like drawing as a child. Painting, colouring, sketching —you name it. I even took Art as an elective throughout college, you know. Even entered a few competitions here and there."

"Wow. You never told me I was going to be competing with a pro! I feel cheated!" She babbled, making him chuckle.

"Sorry." He grinned. "But your painting is beautiful too!" He pointed out.

"Oh please! Mine looks like beginner level artistry compared to yours!" She sulked.

Akshara's drawing of Abhimanyu portrayed him sitting  bare bodied on the ground with his legs up to his chest, hands over his knees, staring directly at the person examining the portrait.

She had spent more time sketching out his eyes, smile and jawline —her favourite parts of his face. Her drawing was good. Decent. But Abhimanyu's were better. Way better.

"No it doesn't!" He chastised. "Don't ever underestimate yourself!"

He scooted across the floor and grabbed Akshara's painting of him. "This is perfect." He claimed, glancing at it.

"No it's not!" She pouted.

"Yes it is. Because you made it." He cupped her cheek and pulled her head up just as he captured her lips in a gentle kiss, deepening it as he heard Akshara whimper and moan against his touch.

Akshara and Abhimanyu dropped the paintings they were each holding and wrapped their hands around each other.

Akshara caressed his hair, the back of his head as Abhimanyu moved his hands to her neck, firmly applying pressure to her cheeks as their lips and tongues mingled.

Soaking in Akshara's touch, without breaking apart from her lips, Abhimanyu got on his knees and lifted Akshara in his arms. She wrapped her legs around Abhimanyu's torso just as she felt her back hit the soft cushioned back of the leather sofa.

Abhimanyu's hands roamed around her body eagerly as Akshara bit the corners of his mouth playfully. She arched her back just as Abhimanyu slipped his hands beneath her camisole, slithering their way up to her breasts.