16

(This one was just for fun, and made over the course of multiple weeks with my best friends.)

Buster thought and thought about what he would be doing today. It was his birthday, but he hadn't celebrated it in over ten years. He wasn't quite sure what to do for it. Buster sighed with a shrug. He decided to wear his neon orange suit with a white shirt and yellow bowtie. Tugging the bowtie straight, he grabbed his clipboard and started down the steps.

He walked onto stage, a small passive smile on his face as he handed out scripts. "Why the new suit?" Johnny asked curiously. Everyone paused what they were doing in expectance of an answer.

Buster rubbed the back of his neck with an awkward smirk. "It's, uh... it's my birthday today and I plan to... plan to do something for my birthday today actually. Not sure how yet, though. I haven't celebrated in fifteen years." he chuckled sheepishly.

"You haven't celebrated in FIFTEEN YEARS?" Ash said incredulously.

"Nope." he stated simply.

"Why?" Rosita asked breathily.

Buster took a moment to gather his words. "This day is a lot of things. On top of bein my birthday, it is the day I graduated, the day my dad passed away, and my dad's wedding anniversary so we always had a ton of traditions. But, Ibecause I've been alone so long, I stopped celebrating or acknowledging the day at, that and because the day isn't completely happy, obviously." he shrugged

"Aw, I'm sorry about your dad. What were your traditions?" Meena inquired gently..

"That's just the problem. It's been so long, I can't quite remember exactly what we did. I remember bringing homemade bread to the homeless shelter and bringing whatever we had to spare to the closest orphanage, and I remember sharing sugar cookies with my dad, but that's about it. I know there's more, I just ignored this day for so long that I..." he shook his head sadly.

Everyone looked to feel rather sympathetic. "Any way that we could help?" Rosita queried.

"Not unless you can just restore random memories of this specific day. Thanks, anyway, Rosita." Buster sat down on the edge of the stage with a sigh, swinging his legs thoughtfully.

"Well, Mr. Moon, I was talking to my parents this morning, and I wanted to ask you anyways so... I was wondering if you would like to have dinner with us? Meet my mom and grandparents?" Meena offered hopefully.

"That sounds great, Meena. Thank you. I would love to." Buster replied, brightening a bit.

"I'm pretty empty today in the terms of things to do, I would be willing to go with you to drop stuff off at the homeless ceneter and the orphanage if you want to." Ash hummed, struming her guitar thoughtfully.

Buster's smile grew as he thanked her. They talked for a while, taking turns rehearsing as they all spoke with Buster. After rehearsals, the crew alone had a chat not involving Buster's presence, so he wasn't sure what they spoke of. By the time rehearsals were over, Buster and the others were beyond tired. Buster had spent the group's chat time doing his bes to bake some bread (which Meena eventually helped with)

.........

"Alright, Buster, ready to go?" Ash asked.

Buster nodded, coming along with the bread and a sack of clothes and toys. He climbed into Ash's car as she unlocked it and told him to hop in. She started it, ans they were off.

Ash saw how Buster fidgeted. "Everything okay?" she asked in vague concern. He shook his head. "What's wrong?"

"I... I guess I'm just kinda stressed out. Sorry."