14

(I am not explaining myself.)

Nana Noodleman was a grand diva of a woman, of that there was no doubt. She seemed to be skilled in just about everything and could tell you about just about anything. There were one or two tidbits of knowledge that had managed to cleverly elude her, and one of them was the past and life of the one and only Buster Moon.

Nana, though particularly distrustful and disliking of Buster at first, had found a soft spotin her heart for the optimistic little koala. He was a funny little thing and a pleasure to behold if you were lucky enough to see him. Nana found herself wondering one night as she spoke to her grandson: What went on in Buster's life. Eddie found that not even he could answer this, despite being Buster's best friend for many years.

Nana decided to speak to the koala this evening as they shared tea, as they did every Friday. She knocked on the door of the theater, politely, yes, but loudly. Buster always preferred it when she knocked, even though she could walk right in if she so pleased. She heard a little shout and a muffled 'ouch!' echo from insider the theater, but offered nothing more than a raised brow in response.

The theater door opened to reveal the dapper koala himself as he held it open to welcome her in. "Hello, Nana! Please excuse the mess. Rosita had to bring the piglets in this morning because school was out and her husband wasn't home and they brought all their toys and stuff, then, well... I've been too busy to fix it alll up." he explained a bit nervously.

"Alright." she said before examining his mannerisms, which were different than usual this morning. He was messing with his watch and twitching his ears and- "Whatever are you fidgeting for? Stop it at once." she swatted him gently with her little hand fan. He rubbed his paw, chasticed.

"I... sorry." he sighed. "I had Miss Crawly help me with the tea this time, so I'm hoping it's better. Lapsang Souchong, as requested." he informed, hopping up the steps to his office. Nana had the faintest smirk of satisfaction on her face. Buster offered her a chair before sitting down in his own, looking rather like a guilty child.

The old sheep gave an exasperated sort of sigh. "Sometimes I wonder what goes through your head at times, Mr. Moon." she said, mostly to herself.

He shrugged. "This and that. MY mind," he said "is all over the place. Um, I'm afraid I don't have the scripts ready quite yet this week, Nana. I got busy and so I haven't been getting home until early morning... so..."

"No matter. I wanted to pursue a more idle topic of conversation this evening anyway. However, I do wish to know, what on earth has kept you so busy? The theater is a mess, the scripts are unfinished, you look like you might fall over at any minute- I beg your pardon, but are you alright?" she paused to look at him. The depth of his exhaustion didn't really sink in until his posture relaxed and he rubbed his forehead tiredly, as if suffering a headache. His eyes were undoubtedly tired and dark circles lingered under him, he seemed unable to think straight. His entire aura reeked of fatigue.

"Yes, yes, I'm fine... There's a lot going on. I've been working on helping Johnny raise money to pay his father's and uncles' bail and I've been helping Rosita with the kids and Gunter has neded assistance finding and moing into his new apartment because the old one burned down, among a host of other things." he said, mind clearly wandering.

"And among those are?"

He was quiet for a time, looking down at the red carpet, appearing troubled. "You know what happened to my father, right?" he said quietly.

Nana nodded with a small jerk. "Yes, yes, murdered, was it?"

Buster visibly winced at that before giving a pained nod. "Yeah. His killer has been coming back. He wants me. Dead, I mean. When he couldn't kill me this last time, he got mad and he hurt me in a medieval sort of pyscho way. I filed a police report. The police are trying to find him, but he's on the run. I've been helping. It would be big understatement to say I've lost sleep over it." he fingered his teacup dejectedly as he reluctantly narrarrated.