11

(These are 109% about me traumatizing the frocking koala.)

It was the birthday of a very special person when everything that could go wrong did. This was the birthday of Johnny. Kind, funny, caring, everybody's-friend Johnny was turning twenty-two, and they were celebrating at the theater. Of course, Johnny was unaware of a celebration, but he knew he needed to come to the theater at six o'clock.

Buster put on a very special suit he usually only saved for Easter dinner with Rosita. Only she had ever seen it. It was a very dark green and came with a light green bowtie. He tugged it taut and looked at his reflection in the mirror with a satisfied smile. He practically skipped as he left the theater, walking down the street with a smile on his face.

He wasn't going to let his fear of Jimmy Crystal bother him. Not today. Today was the day he would be happy. For Johnny. He owed it to the kid. He knew he was terrified of everyone now, and of most heights, but he wasn't going to let it ruin the day. He pushed the doors to Loopee Skateboards open and walked in with a bright smile. He was surprised by the sheer number of skateboards here.

He looked down at his to-do list for today. So far, he hadn't crossed off a single thing.

-Buy a gift

-Buy a cake + Ice cream

-Go to the bank

-Make a card

-Meet Nana for tea 9:00

-Babysit for Rosita from 12-3:00

-Help Eddie clean the poolhouse

-Take Meena to choir

-Get new food for theater

-Pick Meena up and bring to theater.

-Help Gunter fix apartment

-Get Ash new guitar strings

-Cash Porsha's check at the other bank

-Help Nooshy move into her apartment.

He had a pretty full list. He could do it, though! Right?... He shook of the inhibitions, hopping forward to find the best skateboard he could. Finally, he found one and walked to the front desk and got in line. When the costumers in front of him were done, he stepped forward, only to be knocked aside by a rude alligator. He fell back, skidding on the marble floor a little bit, smacking his nose. He gave a short glare to the hippo before picking up the skateboard and standing, putting his smile back on his face. One rude hippo wouldn't ruin this!

Eventually, he had bought the skateboard and walked out of the store, holding it in a plastic bag. He walked down the street, smiling to himself. What next? Cake, Ice cream, bank. It was only seven o'clock! He had plenty of time. Pleased at this, he skipped forward and took about a ten minute walk to Arlo's, where he spent twenty dollars on their best carton of ice cream and nearly sixty on a great cake. These were hard to carry, as thesr objects were all bigger than him. He had to travel back to the theater.

It was 7:40 when he got on his bike, a little red wagon tied to the back to carry groceries better. While at the theater, he had started on Johnny's card, but wasn't nearly done. When he got to the bank, he continued his work on it. He still wasn't very far along, as he was doing his absolute best. He got the needed money and cashed in a few checks.

He stopped by Roc's to buy new snacks for the theater group during rehearsals. Two rude costumers had knocked him aside, and he had gained a cut on his palm to prove it. The cut was a rather gnarly one, and bled heavily. It also stung quite badly. He tried to staunch the bleeding - reluctantly - with the cuff of his sleeve but was unsuccessful in his endeavors.