1

Buster hummed delightfully as he scrambled through the rafters of the theater, using a loose light fixture as a zipline as he raced across the theater. His shoes clicked across the floor as quickly as if he were tap dancing. He let out an exhilerated laugh of glee. He was going to visit his competitors for the singing competition.

"Watch out!" a walrus cried as the workers dropped a huge piano downward. Buster yelped and scrambled backwards. It crashed to the ground, splinters of it flying and scratching up his arms as he desperately protected his face.

He laughed nervously, shaken up. "Thanks for the warning." the walrus nodded in acknowledgement, pointing out that the charismatic koala had gotten himself scratched up pretty bad. Buster waved it off of course, insisting he was completely fine - despite the blood running down his arms. He pulled a dark sleeve over them to hide the cuts, which he would attend to later.

He decided to sneak past Canterbury Lane when he saw that his wolf antagonists were there. With a gulp, he did his best to bypass them but was spotted. They began to chase after him. Finally, he tripped and tumbled head over heels only coming to a stop when a huge grey wolf grabbed him by the scruff. "Give me your money, Moon!" the wolf snarled. Buster yelped as the wolf swiped his face with sharp claws.

"I-I-I don't have any!" he whimpered, frantically trying to escape. The wolf snarled in his face, beginning to pat him down. Buster didn't have much money to begin with - having only 935 dollars in the entire world that were his. The wolf managed to find a dollar but nothing more. The wolf barked savagely in his face before throwing him crudely into the wall.

"You'd better have money for us next time, Moon!"

Buster nodded with a cry of pain before running off as fast as his short legs could carry him toward Rosita's place. He ran so far that when he stopped - fetched up against a flower pot outside Rosita's house - he thought he might be sick for a minute. Luckily, he did not but felt very dizzy and short of breath.

Realizing he had not eaten in several days, he tried to ignore the gnawing hunger and the thirst that assaulted him. He was also sleep deprived with very little regard for his health, mental or physical.

Smoothing his fur over the cuts on his face so that Rosita would not see the bloody things and making sure his sleeves were tugged over the cuts on his arms, he knocked on her door. His ribs and arm throbbed with stunning pain, but he would act out his usual spritely demeanor as to not arouse suspicion. He did not need his actors to worry about him.

Rosita opened the door a hint, trying to keep her children from dashing out the door and attack hugging the koala. "Mr. Moon? What is it?" she asked in a motherly tone as if something was wrong. (Her spidey senses were tingling lol). Something was wrong but he would not dare say it. Buster noticed her voice was a bit strained and hoarse.

"Just checking up on everyone! You need anything?" he cocked his head.

"I'm fine." she said, her statement punctuated with a cough.

He tsked and disagreed. "I don't think so. Come on, Rosita! I want you at your best. Besides, these little piggies won't take care of themselves!"

"Really, Buster, it's okay."

"I insist! What if, just for today, I watch the piglets and make you some tea and you rest. I assure you, it's no problem at all." inwardly, he added 'as long as they don't tickle me'.

She sighed. "Okay..." she held the door open for him and he braced himself for showered hugs and excited piglets as they jump all over him. He gave a pained smile as they crushed his already swollen and bruised ribs with rib-cracking hugs.