13

(Older. Not sure what the point of it being a sickfic was, but... oh, well.)

Buster had to admit he wasn't his greatest this morning. Well, to himself anyway. He did his best to hide it from others as he pulled through. He was sore and very tired and just felt sick in general, but the worst of it was the pounding, throbbing headache. It drained him of energy and burned like fire. He did his best to assume his happiest demeanor to hide the fact that he just was not feeling well.

Who exactly did he need to hide it from today? Ash had asked him on a fun-filled day of activities. She wanted to go to a movie theater (where he could possibly get ideas for shows), a coffee shop, an amusement park, a mini golf place, a nice library, an arcade, bowling, and to a restaurant all in one day. She only wanted to do it with him though. It was truly heartwarming to him. And, shucks, he couldn't say no to her pleading expression and the excitement she had displayed when he agreed. He couldn't let her down.

So, trying to brush off his poor physical health for the time being, he put on a smile and more casual (but still nice) clothes. He had found a good-looking pair of blue jeans and a black jacket that he very much liked. He found that he looked rather nice. Losing the ruffled professional look for a fun day with Ash, he grabbed his satchel and some money (just in case) and headed out the theater on his bike.

He felt dizzy for a moment as he got off the bike at Ash's house, and had to hold onto it a second the regain his balance. Finally, he hefted his satchel on hisn shoulder, and went ahead and knocked on Ash's door in a spritely fashion.

The door quickly burst open and before he knew what happened Ash was hugging him like the fate of the world depended on it. He hugged her back affectionately. "Hey, Ash! How's it goin'?" he asked cheerfully.

"Great now that your here! Come on, come here, I want to show you something. I wanted to give it to you on your birthday, but it wasn't done yet." she explained as she dragged him through the house. Buster stumbled a bit as he came to a halt in Ash's living room. She offered him a chair in the middle of the room, and with a chuckle he accepted. Ash grabbed her guitar and a sheet of music and before long began singing.

Her voice was beautiful, Buster noticed again as he listened. She always sounded beautiful, but now especially. She soon finished the song and with a pleasantly dazed look on his voice, Buster stared a little. "You like it?" Ash said nervously.

"I love it!" he suddenly exclaimed hugging her tightly. "You did so amazing!" he bounced up and down on his heels.

"That's great! We don't have time for me to sing them all, but the album is for you. I hope you enjoy it. Anyway, we have a concert to get to and we can't be late!" she chattered excitedly. Buster gave a little laugh and nodded, hugging the album to his chest with a happy, content smile. With Ash, he could ignore how simply awful he felt, and he could relax and have fun.

Ash dragged Buster into the car without a second thougt, kindly handing him a cup of coffee. He sipped at it with a sort of fragile serenity. He buckled himself up and set the album safely in the front of the car where it wouldn't get dirty or ruined. He turned to Ash as she started up the car. Buster couldn't drive, so he found this kind of entertaining. "So, Buster, how did that interview for Shawn Kingston go?"

"Ummm..." Buster hummed awkwardly, tapping his coffee cup. "Well, basically, he said that whil my shows are good, he didn't want to be involved with me because of the whole mess with Crystal. He also said I was a fat midget." Buster shrugged, taking another thoughtful sip of his coffee.

"He called you what?" Ash said in alarm, looking at him fleetingly as she drove. "That's nasty of him! You are NOT fat and you are not a midget. You're naturaly short. It's just how your species grows. I think that guy is a major dick."