3

"Today, BUSTER get to reveal HIS deep dark secrets!" Ash said excitedly. "Have you ever had a girlfriend?" she inquired immediately.

Buster seemed a bit flustered. "I- actually... I haven't. So no."

"You NEVER have?!" Rosita burst out, shocked.

"It's really not that surprising. I'm a dweeb." he said. "I was the theater nerd with the big dopey ears and fat head that lived in a cabin that was practically a termite mound until moving into a desk drawer. So, really? I'm not interesting at all." he laughed slightly, uncomfortable with the situation.

"Don't put yourself down like that, Buster! That's just a load of depressing lies."

"Rosita's right. You're pretty cool."

Buster gave a sheepish chuckle. "Thanks." he said timidly, fingering his cocoa mug.

"What was your dad like? And your mom?"

Buster winced visibly and Rosita touched Ash's arm. "Maybe that's not a topic you should make him talk about-"

"It's fine, Rosita. Thanks though. Never knew my mom very good. She died when I was six. Watched it hapoen. She was in an accident. As for my dad, fun but very stern. Also very devoted to things that were important to him. REALLY stern and devoted. I broke all of our whisks once when I decided to glue them to towels - don't ask - and I got kicked in the nose with steel toed boots. That one hurt."

He looked back a bit. "Another time I accidentally caused an explosion in my classroom. He, uh... he wasn't very happy about that..." Buster reached over to his arm, revealing a row of scars, marking the places where some very nasty cuts once resided.

"He DID THAT TO YOU?" Ash said in utter shock.

"Yeah. I was an idiot though so I kind of deserved it I guess-"

"Don't say that! It's not true. At all. No one deserves that, especially not a kid!" she said, appalled. "He was horrible to do that to you!"

"He wasn't horrible!" Buster protested, "he raised me and saved up for the theater for me and got food on the table and taught me how to do things right. He's my father! This may be just a game, but you won't insult my father!"

"Okay, okay! I stand by my words when I saw it was really wrong though. Sorry." Rosuta said, visibly confused.

"On with the nnoying questions." he sighed.

"Ooh, ooh! I have one. Eddie hinted at it but I want to hear it from you. Have you ever actually made yourself sick on candy and pizza."

"AGH! I was starving! That's all! My dad could not afford any food that week and the bullies kept stealing my lunch money , so when I got the chance to take some food, I went a little overboard. You would have done the same thing! And I was in college, so that says plenty, I think." he crossed his arms

Ash and Rosita both laughed hard, Rosita a little more surprised than Ash was.

"Have you ever been like deadly injured? I have, almost lost my leg, wasn't fun."

He shrugged awkwardly. "Um... I only have ten ribs if that tells you anything. Got shoved off a building and whacked in the head with a roller skate. Destroyed my rib and got grade 2 concussion. Doctors were sure I was going to die. And Ash, before you ask if the concussion permenenatly messed up my brain to make me a weirdo because I know you're about to, no, I was always like this."

"Ouch." Rosuta winced in sympathy. "Heh. Somehow I still love high places."

"Hm... what was the biggest birthday gift you ever got?"