Chapter 53: Rich Young Lady

"Miss, are you here to see the abbot again?" If she remembered correctly, the last time she was here was to see the abbot.

After thinking for a moment, Gu Jiao nodded seriously. "Yes."

Originally, she had planned to ask for Buddha's blessing for Xiao Liulang as well, but the Buddha was stingy and required people to kneel and kowtow before he would help.

The woman hurriedly said, "Then you should go quickly. The abbot is in the temple. If you go late, he might have gone down the mountain again."

The abbot had been going down the mountain quite often lately, as a family in the town was planning to adopt one of the children in the temple.

Gu Jiao glanced at her, as if to say, "Can you walk alone? Don't fall again later, no one will be able to save you."

The woman understood Gu Jiao's gaze and smiled warmly, "I just got a bit tired earlier and felt a bit dizzy. I'm fine now, and there's only a few steps left anyway."

Gu Jiao asked, "Do you often feel dizzy? Is it worse in the morning or at night? Is it worse when you're hungry or after eating?"

The woman was momentarily stunned by Gu Jiao's series of questions, but still politely answered, "It's worse in the morning, right after I wake up. I also feel dizzy if I don't eat anything."

Gu Jiao nodded and took out a piece of sesame candy from her purse, "Eat more candy."

After giving the candy to the woman, Gu Jiao went to find the abbot.

It was her second time coming to the temple, and many of the young monks still remembered her as the person who came to buy mountains. They led her to the abbot's meditation room.

By coincidence, the abbot had just finished receiving a guest and was coming out of his room as Gu Jiao arrived. The guest was a young man in his thirties with a handsome and dignified appearance, dressed in luxurious clothing.

This is the second pilgrim Gu Jiao has seen in the temple.

"Is it Miss Gu who has come?" the abbot's calm voice came from inside the meditation room.

Gu Jiao murmured in response and stepped into the room.

To her surprise, there were several young monks sitting inside, all with shaven heads and aged around four to six years old. They had tiger-like features, mischievous yet clean eyes, and wore the same robes. Gu Jiao suddenly felt face-blind.

The young monks widened their eyes as they looked at Gu Jiao.

Although this was Gu Jiao's second time visiting the temple, the young monks hadn't seen her the first time, as they were scolded and chased away by a maidservant of the lady who brought Gu Jiao.

Therefore, strictly speaking, this was their first meeting.

The young monks stared at Gu Jiao for a while before whispering to each other in hushed voices.

"Wow! She has a flower on her face!"

"Why does she have a flower on her face?"

"Why don't we have one?"

"I want a flower on my face too!"

The young monks repeatedly referred to the birthmark on Gu Jiao's face as a "flower."

So they thought the birthmark on her face was actually a flower?

"Did you draw the flower on yourself?" one of the young monks asked.

Yeah, she was born with it. It couldn't be washed off. Envious much? Jealous much?

Gu Jiaohao calmly looked at a group of curious young monks.