Chapter 11: Roommate

Gu Ershun was stunned by Gu Jiao's kick.

Although his position in the Gu family was not as high as Gu Dashun's, he was still pampered by his mother Liu Shi and never made to do any farm work. Instead, he was only allowed to study with Gu Dashun in the room. Whether or not he had actually learned anything was only known to God, but he was truly delicate.

He lay on the ground motionless for a long time.

What was wrong with this foolish child today? How dare she kick him? He really wanted to go up and give her a slap, but he wouldn't admit it. Gu Jiao's kick scared him.

"You, you, you... just you wait!" he threatened and ran away, holding his stomach.

Gu Jiao locked the door and turned around to see Xiao Liulang standing in the hall, looking at her with eyes full of scrutiny.

She thought for a moment and calmly said, "He fell himself."

Xiao Liulang: "..."

The Gu family had been waiting for Gu Ershun to bring Gu Jiao back for a scolding, but only Gu Ershun returned, looking battered and bruised, holding his stomach as if he had been beaten up.

Liu Shi hurried over and asked, "Ershun, what happened? Where's that girl?"

Gu Ershun exaggeratedly described what had happened in front of Gu Jiao's door, "I tried to persuade her to come and clear things up with Big Brother and apologize, but she wouldn't listen. She even kicked me. I didn't fight back because I treat her like a little sister..."

Liu Shi was furious when she heard this, "That little slut! She's nothing but a prostitute's daughter! She even kicked her own brother!"

In contrast, Zhou Shi was more calm.

If that girl dared to lay a hand on Big Shun, why wouldn't she dare to lay a hand on Ershun?

But she was still a little puzzled. This girl had been acting a little unusual lately.

"This is outrageous!" Liu Shi was angry that her son had been beaten, rolled up her sleeves, and slapped Gu Xiaoshun, who was standing beside her, "You go! Teach that little slut a lesson! Vent your brother's anger!"

"I'm not going," Gu Xiaoshun rolled his eyes at Gu Ershun, "Who knows what he did?"

"I didn't do anything!" Gu Ershun argued, "I just talked to her! Who knew she would kick me? I think she's just a fool, a lunatic, and a bringer of misfortune!"

"Who are you calling a fool?" Gu Xiaoshun stood up with a bad boy attitude.

"Gu Ershun quickly hid behind Liu Shi."

"You're still speaking up for that jinx! Who is your real brother?" Liu Shi was so angry she wanted to beat up Gu Xiaoshun, but with old master Gu presence, she didn't dare to hit her son.

She turned her head and gave her husband a signal with her eyes: "Aren't you going to say something?"

What could Gu Changlu say? When that girl didn't come to eat for a few days, no one asked her anything, but now they were all up in arms against her.

He didn't want to go.

Not because he was particularly sympathetic towards Gu Jiao, but because he was the weakest of the three brothers. When Third Brother had his accident, he was by his side. If he had pulled Third Brother up in time, maybe Third Brother wouldn't have died.

But the flood was too strong and he was scared. He left Third Brother and ran away.

He didn't dare to talk about this, only Grandfather Gu knew.