Chapter 31: Sharing Quilt

As soon as they heard it was the last room, the two fell silent.

The waiter looked at them with confusion. "What are you hesitating about? I'm just saying, it's almost the end of the year, and all the inns are doing good business. Plus, with the sudden heavy snow today, many out-of-town merchants are stranded in our town. If you two keep being picky, you might not be able to find a place to stay!"

They had been asking around for a room, but they still couldn't understand why the rooms were all full. However, it seemed a bit inappropriate.

A look of distress appeared on Xiao Liulang's face.

As for Gu Jiao, she wasn't distressed at all. They were a legal couple, so what was wrong with sleeping together? Besides, it wasn't like she was rushing to sleep with him. It was just that there were no more rooms available, right?

But she still obediently showed the same distressed expression as him, making her look even more docile.

Most of the time, Xiao Liulang was someone who could be convinced with reason and not force. Her posture of lowering her head was like that of a harmless little rabbit, subtly revealing a hint of obedience.

It would be hard to justify dragging her fragile little body out into the wind and snow to find another inn at this point.

Xiao Liulang made up his mind. "Then let's stay here."

The waiter led them to a small, cold and gloomy room on the second floor. It was not surprising that it was the last room left. However, considering the heavy snow outside, the inn gave them a complimentary charcoal fire.

The room cost 200 wen.

Normally, it would cost 100 wen, but the price went up for the New Year.

After the waiter left the charcoal fire, he told them they could either eat in the lobby or have their dinner delivered directly to their room.

Hmm, they even had room service. Gu Jiao was quite surprised.

However, she didn't eat at the inn. Instead, she opened the window and leaned her small body on the windowsill, drooling over a small stall selling osmanthus cake across the street.

She found that she had changed somewhat from her previous life. For example, she didn't like sweet or spicy food before, but now she loved osmanthus cake and pickled vegetables.

"Do you want to eat osmanthus cake?" Xiao Liulang asked as he saw the drooling expression on her face.

Gu Jiao nodded, "Mmm."

In fact, Gu Jiao wasn't really that hungry, at least not as much as Xiao Liulang thought. But their time together had made her realize a fact, that he seemed to find it difficult to refuse her when she acted cute.

Xiao Liulang took Gu Jiao out of the inn. The snow outside was getting heavier, but the wind had stopped, and the snowflakes were falling quietly, giving a sense of serene beauty.

In the snow-covered landscape, Xiao Liulang looked even more handsome, and passersby couldn't take their eyes off him.

In the morning, Gu Jiao reminded Xiao Liulang to bring an extra coat, but she had forgotten to bring one for herself. Moreover, her petite body was indeed more susceptible to the cold compared to her previous life, so her shivering was not feigned.

Xiao Liulang walked ahead, looked back at her, hesitated for a moment, and then took off his coat to give to her.

She widened her eyes, innocently looking at him as if not understanding his intentions, "Ah?"