Chapter 25: The Expert

At this moment, Gu Jiao walked over from the direction of the backyard, carrying a small basket on her back.

"You went to the latrine for so long!" Feng Lin muttered under his breath.

Xiao Liulang's gaze fell on Gu Jiao, and when she approached, he asked her, "What's wrong? Let the doctor take a look."

"I'm fine, let's go," Gu Jiao said.

She really didn't look like she was sick. Xiao Liulang went to get the medicinal materials and found that the half-month's worth of medicine cost less than one or two silver coins: "Did you make a mistake?"

"No, that's the price," the shopkeeper said.

"I told you earlier, their business is not good, they lowered the price," Feng Lin whispered in his ear.

But it was...too much of a discount.

Other than that, Xiao Liulang couldn't think of any other reason. It couldn't be that there was some nobleman secretly helping him.

The group left Hui Chun Tang.

The Second Master Hu personally escorted them to the door. As he passed by Gu Jiao, he grinned and held up five fingers.

The cost of the medicine, five taels of silver, had been charged to the account.

Gu Jiao gave him a domineering little look, and deducted it from the consultation fee!

Speaking of which, the Second Master Hu hadn't even asked her to diagnose someone yet. She didn't know what kind of business she would get when the time came.

"Xiao Xiong, let me take you back," Feng Lin said.

Xiao Liulang said without hesitation, "No need, Luo Er's ox cart is right there. You go back to the academy and study hard. You have to take the exam next year."

When it came to this, Feng Lin's head hurt. His knowledge was actually not very good. The Master always said that his articles were too rigid and lacked sufficient novelty. If he encountered a conservative examiner, it would be okay, but if he encountered a progressive one, he would definitely fail.

Feng Lin sighed, "Okay, I'll go to the academy first. You be careful on the way."

After saying that, he glared at Gu Jiao again, as if he was worried that she would cause trouble for Xiao Liulang. However, ever since Xiao Liulang mentioned that she had a name, he never called her a little troublemaker again.

"After Feng Lin left, Gu Jiao and Xiao Liu Lang didn't immediately return to the village. Instead, they went to the shop to buy some things.

Gu Jiao bought some preserved fruit and peanuts. She found that the old lady was easily satisfied as long as she was given something to eat, and could stay in the house all day.

Xiao Liu Lang bought some brown sugar. Last time he borrowed brown sugar from Zhang Shen Er's house, he still hadn't returned it.

When the two of them carried the things onto the cart, Luo Er Shu laughed: "Time to buy New Year's goods, it's almost the New Year."

The two of them were stunned at the same time.

Suddenly realizing that the New Year was coming.

In fact, the two of them were not living in a daze and unaware of the passing days, but they did not have the habit or plan to celebrate the New Year in their hearts. The bright lights of the households and the reunion of families on New Year's Eve were always the loneliest days for them.

Gu Jiao left home at the age of eight and moved into the organization's experimental base. Once the organization went on holiday for New Year's Eve, the empty base would only have her left.