Chapter 46: Coma

Two guards were stationed under the archway. Unlike the household guards of the wealthy families in town who lazed around all day, these guards were burly, sharp-eyed, and held long spears with a strict and well-trained demeanor.

Because he had submitted his invitation several days early, the name of Second Young Master was listed, and the guards allowed him to enter.

He pointed to the old physician and Gu Jiao, "he's the doctors from Hui Chun Tang and his medicine boy."

It was not common to see a woman as a medicine boy, but it was not unheard of either.

The guards didn't say anything, but they were suspicious of Gu Jiao's small basket.

"What's inside?" one guard asked.

Gu Jiao handed him the basket directly.

The guard flipped through it and found only some mountain products and a broken little box, then handed the basket back to Gu Jiao.

"Follow this road straight ahead, pass through the first pavilion, and someone will receive you," the guard directed the three.

Second Young Master thanked him and walked with Gu Jiao and the old physician towards the pavilion.

After only a few steps, another carriage arrived outside the archway. Second Young Master thought they were just people from the estate and didn't pay much attention, but then a voice full of vitality called out, "Is that the master up ahead?"

Second Young Master stopped, surprised, and turned around to see a man about the same age as shopkeeper Wang, who was corpulent, walking towards him.

The man was followed by a doctor in his fifties and a little medicine boy carrying a medicine box on his back.

Second Young Master's face darkened.

However, the man did not seem to notice his displeasure, but walked up to him with a smile, and bowed, "Master, what a coincidence. Did you know I was coming to treat the young master and wait for me here? But who are these two?"

"The doctors from Hui Chun Tang," Second Young Master said coldly.

Both of them, Second Young Master did not explain further, but the man naturally thought that the only doctor was the old physician, and the ugly little girl with a birthmark was just a little medicine boy.

"Who is she?" Gu Jiao asked Second Young Master.

Second Young Master looked coldly at the man and said, "The steward of the Hu family, the shopkeeper of Hui Chun Tang in the capital."

"I'm surnamed He," the steward He said with a smile to Gu Jiao.

Gu Jiao gave him a sidelong glance and said, "Is it the lotus from the lotus flower? The white one."

Steward He: "..."

He felt like she was cursing him.

"Let's go," Second Young Master didn't want to waste time with him.

However, Steward He stopped him again, adding a hint of sarcasm to his tone, "So the master has also come to treat the young master. Does the old master and the eldest master know about this?"

Naturally...they weren't aware. If he told them, the old master would be the first to disagree.

The second young master clenched his fists and his face became very ugly.

At this moment, Gu Jiao spoke up, "Who is the old master? And who is the eldest young master?"

The second young master took a deep breath and replied, "The old master is my father, and the eldest young master...is my younger brother."

Gu Jiao was puzzled, "Why did your younger brother become the eldest young master? And why are you only the second young master? Are you a illegitimate child?"

"No, I'm not."
He was the true eldest son of the Hu family.