𝟬𝟯𝟯 Betrayal is Our Bond.

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE    /    ACT TWO

Betrayal is Our Bond

                              Strands of her brunette hair fell from the curling iron as she stared at her reflection in the bathroom mirror

Steam rose from the curler, prompting coughs from the girl as she watched her face. Angelina released her hair from the iron, allowing it to fall freely over her shoulders and back.

She unplugged the iron and set it on a towel atop of the bathroom counter to cool. A sigh escaped as let her eyes linger on her features for a moment too long.

Ever since she left the Salvatore's home, her mind repeatedly replayed the plan in which they'd use to imprison her sister. But in the back of her mind she couldn't help but hear a timy voice telling her their plan wouldn't work.

Maybe it was Katherine's voice.

Maybe it was something else entirely. Perhaps it was her own fears running rampant through her head. After all, Katherine was smarter.

But she was stronger.

Her fingertips brushed along the edges of her sapphire daylight ring on her finger absentmindedly. She let out a deep exhale before exiting the bathroom and into her bedroom. The soft click of her door closing behind her echoed throughout the house.

Her black dress laid on her bed neatly folded, matching the black heels with stockings. Her fingers ran over her dress, gently touching and tracing the pattern.

She took the dress from her bed and put it on, the fabric slipping easily onto her body. Her movements were almost robotic. Every action seemed choreographed, her every muscle tense. The dress cut off just a few inches above her knees, accentuating the slight curvature of her waist.

Just as she began to slip her feet into the shoes, the sound of light taps from the door interrupted her train of thought. Her gaze moved from her shoes to the door, her eyebrows drawing close.