𝟬𝟮𝟵 Secret Best Kept Buried.

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE   /   ACT TWO

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE / ACT TWO

Secret Best Kept Buried

                             Angelina and Damon trudged through the woods in search of Mason Lockwood together, huffing and puffing after every hill they had to walk up

Angelina and Damon trudged through the woods in search of Mason Lockwood together, huffing and puffing after every hill they had to walk up. It had been five minutes since they had seen the werewolf enter the woods, except it felt like they had been searching for him forever.

The brunette bit her bottom lip in anticipation, eyeing every inch of the forest. No doubt, she was hesitant to kill Mason Lockwood. Not that she cared about his life, but she worried if killing him would lead her further away from the moonstone. Except to her advantage, at least killing him would send a message to her Katherine. She wasn't on her side, and nothing could change her mind.

She wasn't as weak as Katherine thought she was. Hopefully.

She couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. That she was walking right into something, a trap. That they were being tricked.

"Something's wrong, Damon." Angelina spoke, glancing towards her friends and he glanced back. "I feel like we're being followed."

"Everything's fine, just relax." The vampire replied, brushing off her worries.

"We have to be smart about this, Damon. This could be a trap, I don't think he's working alone." She argued.

"And who else do you think would be working with him?"

"Um, hello? Sheriff Forbes?! Possibly even the entire vampire hunting council?!" Angelina stopped in ber tracks, raising her voice.

Damon stopped and sighed deeply, running a hand down his face. "Just stay calm, okay? We need to focus, not argue. And besides, we are doing exactly what we came here to do."

"But..." The brunette trailed off, unsure of how to respond.

Damon continued walking through the woods and Angelina followed behind. Eventually, the two immediately came to a stop when a certain Lockwood werewolf was seen with a trashbag in his hands, seemingly alone.