𝟬𝟬𝟯 No Guts, No Glory.

CHAPTER THREE   /   ACT ONE

No Guts, No Glory

                             "Katerina, I understand

                             "Katerina, I understand." Angelina paced the guest bedroom, her sister's voice echoing through the phone. After her trip to Mystic Falls and her radio silence, Katherine wasted no time laying into her. "This doesn't change anything, I swear."

"I'll just pretend to help Damon or whatever. I'm older, and smarter, than him. It shouldn't be hard at all."

"Fine, whatever," Katherine stated bluntly. "Just don't mess this up for me. Got it?"

"Yeah," Angelina sighed softly, tired of hearing her sisters endless criticism. "I have to go, Kat. Love you."

"Love you too, Anna."

The doppelgänger rolled her eyes as she hung up the telephone and tossed it on the bed imprudently. She realized she messed everything up by allowing Damon to take her to Mystic Falls. It was past the point where it is possible to roll out any improvements.

For now, their arrangement to stop him from opening the tomb should keep on going as planned.

Sauntering over to the mirror above the dresser, she grabbed a brush she'd liberated from Damon's bathroom, spending a good half-hour yanking out his hairs entwined in the bristles. She brushed vigorously, letting her locks cascade down her back before tossing the brush aside with a throaty huff.

She tiptoed over to the closed door, swung it open, and crept down the stairs. The muffled voices of the Salvatore brothers drifted from the library, piquing her curiosity. Being the nosy girl she was, she couldn't resist slipping into the room to eavesdrop on their conversation.

Books lay strewn across the floor like casualties of a literary battle as she entered the library. Angelina wrinkled her nose at the mess and gingerly stepped over the scattered tomes, making her way toward the pair huddled by a bookshelf.

"Oh, you're finally up sleepyhead." Damon greeted her sarcastically as she stood beside them. "We were just talking you."

"I seem to be very famous among the Salvatore brothers." She kidded, glancing at Stefan who gazed at her with a frown and back over at Damon.