𝟬𝟬𝟰 The Heart is A Lonely Hunter.

CHAPTER FOUR   /   ACT ONE

CHAPTER FOUR / ACT ONE

The Heart is A Lonely Hunter

                             Angelina's eyes fluttered open to the light shined above her head, which she gradually adjusted to

Angelina's eyes fluttered open to the light shined above her head, which she gradually adjusted to. To her surprise, she was welcomed with her wrists and ankles shackled to a wooden seat in the boarding house's basement.

The basement was faintly lit, dusty, and freezing. The top corners of the room were shrouded in spider webs, and the air resembled smoke. It was dirty, to say the least.

She attempted to shake her wrists free from the ropes, but soon realized it was no use as it had been days since she had a drop of blood. Her skin was pale and her throat was dry from the growing desiccation.

"Don't bother." A voice came from the dark part of the room. "You're not getting out of there." It was Stefan, stepping closer into the light holding a wooden stake in his hands.

"Let me out of here." Angelina demanded, gritting her teeth in frustration.

"Not until I get the truth out from you." He answered, bending down in front of her and pointing the stake in her face.

"I'm not lying Stefan." She groaned while rolling her eyes. "I don't know what else you want out of me."

"Because something about your story doesn't add up." He told her. "Now, every time you lie, I stab you in the stomach with this stake."

Angelina bit her bottom lip in disturbance, avoiding eye contact with the Salvatore. Despite the fact that it was awkward, she remained unfazed by the circumstances.

She knew Stefan wasn't capable of killing her, and she'd suffered undeniably more desolation than being stabbed with a stake. She knew she'd survive the ordeal even if he thought she was lying.

"Fine." She agreed reluctantly.

"Great." He smiled at her sarcastically. "What I don't understand is why you left Katherine to die in the tomb."