𝟬𝟭𝟴 Mother Dearest.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN   /   ACT ONE

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN / ACT ONE

Mother Dearest

                             Angelina packed her clothes in a small bag, getting ready to leave for Elena's house

Angelina packed her clothes in a small bag, getting ready to leave for Elena's house. She had no reason to stay at the boarding house any longer now that Stefan was back to normal. Though if she was being honest with herself, she was mostly fleeing to avoid him.

She couldn't take her mind off what had happened between them the night before. She told him she loved him, and whatever would come after that terrified her. He didn't seem to have a negative reaction to it based on what happened afterwards, but he was also inches away from committing suicide.

Instead of facing her fears head-on, she bolted, like always. But maybe she should start taking her own advice before she ends up like Stefan, on the brink of self-destruction.

A knock on the door interrupted her packing. She sighed, chewing her lip as she debated whether to answer it or not.

With a reluctant sigh, she trudged over to the tall wooden door. After a deep breath, she twisted the knob and pulled it open, revealing Stefan looming on the other side.

"Good morning, Stef." She faked a grin and walked away from him back towards the bed. "How're you doing?"

"Better," He replied whilst stepping further into the bedroom. "I wanted to thank you, again. For last night." His tone became more serious, but thankful. "I honestly don't know how to thank you."

"No payment required." She shrugged, a wide smile on her face. "You're my friend, I help you for free."

"Well, still. Thank you." He returned her warm smile, a comforting feeling coming across the two. "I uh- I wanted to talk to you about something else."

Angelina took a deep breath and avoided making eye contact with him, bracing herself for whatever he was about to say next. "Yeah?"