𝟬𝟮𝟲 Family Ties.

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX   /   ACT TWO

Family Ties

                             Angelina brushed her hair and pulled it back into a ponytail as her reflection in the mirror stared back at her

                             Angelina brushed her hair and pulled it back into a ponytail as her reflection in the mirror stared back at her. It had been days since the carnival, and she and Stefan had been teaching Caroline the ins and outs of vampirism ever since the incident. They had only shown her a glimpse of what they had gone through as she had yet to find a daylight ring so she could be properly taught.

Bonnie's reaction was less than favorable after they all told her what had happened to her. But they weren't expecting anything else from her. The two hadn't spoken in days, so there was no one else to give her the authority to walk amongst everyone else as usual.

So, in place of the Bennett witch's absence, she and Stefan had done everything they could to assist their friend, and they were just about to venture to the newly turned vamp's house to offer more comfort. Angelina exhaled and placed the brush on the counter before exiting the bathroom and entering Stefan's bedroom, where she had spent the night before, leaving the room and quietly descending the stairs, where the sound of voices grew louder and louder.

She recognized the voices as Damon's, Stefan's, Elena's, and, surprisingly, Alaric's. She hadn't paid attention to a single word they said until Alaric mentioned a certain werewolf family.

"Now why would I know anything about the Lockwood's?" He said, and she came to a halt at the first step behind a wall, where no one could see her eavesdropping on their conversation.

"Well, you wouldn't," Damon began. "But you're dead- not dead, vampire wife might."

"Isobel's research, from when you guys were at Duke together," The Gilbert spoke up. "You said she had spent years researching this town."

"Isobel's research here- Mystic Falls, was rooted in folklore and legend." The vampire hunter responded. "At the time, I thought most of which was fiction."

"Like that amazing vampire story." Damon taunted him.

"Aside from vampires, what else?" Stefan continued the conversation, ignoring his brothers jokes.