The Tonight Show

The movie was premiering across streaming services today. It had just premiered in theaters a week before, and my stylist, Law Roach, was completely tied up. Of course, because he's a professional, he still knew what he was doing.

I was tired from rehearsals, which I just started up again, and the multiple red carpets and interviews. I've never had so many come up and ask for my choreography in public.

But this interview had to be the most important one. I was going to be on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. I was getting the finishing touches of my hair and makeup done. I was wearing this maroon sparkly Dior suit. It had pockets, which was really cool.

"Don't bite your nails darling." Taylor said. They were only press ons, because they're much easier to change than acrylics in between events.

"Yeah. Sorry."

"Don't be. You're gonna do great! You know Jimmy."

"You're right. I don't know why I'm nervous. Maybe it's the crowd. Or the fact that millions of people are watching."

"Honey you look drop dead gorgeous don't even!" Law snapped, boosting my confidence as always.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"Even the cats agree, look at them." Taylor said.

Their faces were obviously blank. They only knew that they had new comfortable couches to sit on.

I was called to be on standby, and Taylor told me she'd be standing right there so I could see her the whole time, and I had nothing to worry about.

"She's a rising star only fifteen years old staring in the new Marvel movie 'The Marvels' which is premiering on streaming services tonight, please welcome Y/n Y/ln Swift!"

I happily walked on stage, giving Jimmy a big hug and waving at the crowd. I sat down on the little chair, which was surprisingly bouncy.

"Hi Jimmy!"

"Hi how are you?"

"I'm good I'm really good."

My nerves kind of just went away. It didn't feel formal anymore. It just felt fun.

Jimmy asked me questions about what the movie was about, without revealing too much. I told a few funny stories from set and talked about the friendships I formed with my costars.

"So I hate to bring the attention away from you, but I know everyone is wondering. How does your mom feel about all this?"

"You wanna hear me talk about Taylor?" I smirked.

"I mean-"

The crowd cheered extremely loudly. It was insane how many people loved Taylor. Like you could find someone on the street and chances are they're a fan.

"Well, she's really sweet about everything. She's very supportive and maybe a little bit scared that I'll be more famous than her one day." I joked, making the audience chuckle.

"No I'm kidding, Taylor's great I love her."

After a few more questions we were out of time and the commercial break came on. I wasn't called again until thirty minutes later, where some shenanigans would probably occur.

I spent my break with the cats and getting my hair and makeup touched up.

I was really excited because we were about to play charades. I had no idea who with, but I was going to figure out. I was told to stand right next to Jimmy before the commercial break ended.

"On air in three...two..."

Jimmy introduced me and the audience cheered, then he explained how charades worked.

"On your team Y/n will be a singer who just released her new album called sos, two time BET Award winner SZA!"

I didn't realize it at first, but my mouth was open in shock. SZA walked in and hugged me, then Jimmy.

"Joining me will be an actor known for The Adam Project and Deadpool, Ryan Reynolds!"

I didn't know Ryan was even here until then, probably because I spent all my time in my dressing room and not watching the show.

We did a quick handshake that we made up at a party a while ago, and the audience definitely noticed, and laughed.

SZA and I were up first. I got up and asked the audience what number to pick, I heard one the most, so thats what I picked. On the card it read 'Love train'. I already knew how impossible this was going to be, but I put my improv skills to the test and SZA actually ended up guessing correctly.

We shared a high five, and then it was Ryan's turn. He was actually so horrible at charades that SZA and I bursted into laughter watching him. He got party pooper, and I'll just let you imagine how that went...

My team won, and SZA and I actually talked after the show, and she even said she always needs someone new in her music videos.

Being on the Tonight Show for the first time was fun, and I couldn't stop talking to Taylor about SZA and how bad Ryan's charades skills are.

"We played freeze dance at a party once, you should have seen him." Taylor said, in the back of the car, me sitting next to her. I laughed, then looked out the window, noticing something.

"Hey look, it's snowing."

"You know snow this early means the start of something really good."

I only looked back at Taylor, giggling as I stuck my hand out the window to catch the tiny little crystals.