Partayyy (and cuteness)

"I've got friends coming over today." Taylor says, in the middle of breakfast.

Friends had been over before, and I had met plenty of them. A lot of the time they were featured in my various Instagram posts and TikToks on my new (and managed) accounts.

"Who? Selena? I love Selena. Lana? Ryan and Blake?" I excitedly blurted out.

"Actually, it's a party, and yeah them plus a few others will be here."

The way Taylor said 'others' made me believe there was something else.

"I learned this in psychology..."

The sparkle in the eyes, the flare of the nostril, or maybe it was the very apparent bright red blush color she was turning. Yeah it was probably that...

"Joe is coming!" I squealed, clapping my hands in excitement.

I had only met Joe Alwyn once before because he flew in for one day to see Taylor. He's really busy with all his British tv shows and movies and stuff, but he's so much fun.

"You love my boyfriend more than I do at this point."

"Just because Joe is so much more fun than you-"

"He is not!" Taylor cut me off, scoffing.

"I'm kidding! I just really liked when he let me drive his car..."

"Which was very dangerous!"

"There's only like, what? Six more months until I turn 16?"

Taylor sighed, trying not to smile.

"Don't go growing up on me just yet..."

I only laughed, stuffing my mouth with French toast.

"So who else is gonna be there?" I asked, or at least tried to with all that food in my mouth.

"First, honey please chew your food I can't understand a word you're saying."

I quickly did as she said and repeated my question. Turns out this was going to be a pretty big party. Taylor didn't even name all the guests, not that I would have remembered.

"Jimmy Fallon, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Evans, umm Harry will be there, Phoebe..."

A lot of the words she was saying were going in one ear and out the other, especially because I was very focused on the insanely delicious French toast I was eating, but then I started to hear some people I've never met before.

"Lizzo, Jennifer Lawrence-"

"Pause! The Lizzo? The Jennifer Lawrence? Like JLaw? Holy shit!"

"I didn't think there were any others? Also, don't say bad words..." She trailed off at the end.

I knew Taylor didn't really care if I cursed or not, especially since she did it all the time in front of me, but my energy level was so high and that was the best she could do.

"When will Joe be here?"

"An hour or so."

We spent the hour talking and doing dishes, until the doorbell rang, I ran up and opened the door, already knowing who it was.

"Hey kiddo!"

Joe and I did our handshake, which lasts a good ten seconds, and ends with a hug. He had some guys bringing in his luggage, but I noticed he was wearing his lucky jacket, and holding a bouquet of flowers.