Pinky Promise

Going to the mall may be something most people don't think twice about, but when you're with Taylor Swift, there are many rules.

First things first, we went to a not so populated mall on an early Sunday, when most people would be busy. Second, Taylor wore no makeup, and a disguise of some sort. Nothing big, just a hat and some sunglasses. And since it's New York, a lot of people here already see celebrities like her on a daily basis, and have more important things to worry about.

At the mall, I learned that Taylor can spend money like it's nobody's business. We actually had a lot of fun, and I tried on plenty of outfits, and chose a ton of things for my room.

"You like pink, don't you?" Taylor asked, clearly already knowing the answer due to the pink bedsheets, posters, and various decor.

I nodded and smiled cheekily, which made Taylor laugh.

In the end we had more bags than we could carry, and had to make multiple trips to and from the car and my room.

We decorated the room together. I like to remember it as one of our first bonding moments. We put up lights and crystals and candles. We color coded my closet, which was huge, and I still had enough space for an entire extra wardrobe.

When we were finally done we both plopped onto the couch, tired. After a few minutes Taylor broke the comfortable silence.

"It's almost sunset, we could go down to the beach?"

I was going to say that tons of people would be at the beach, and we couldn't possibly have a peaceful time, when I realized.

"You have your own beach!" I said, springing up in excitement.

"I'm guessing that's a yes?"

We began the trek to the beach, it surprised me that all this land belonged to Taylor.

"Do you get lonely? I mean, being here all by yourself."

She thought for a moment.

"Sometimes. But I have friends come over and we hang out. And my boyfriend is here whenever he's not busy. Plus, I trust that you'll keep me company now."

"I pinky promise you'll never be lonely again." I smiled, lifting up my finger at Taylor.

She kissed her thumb before interlocking my finger with hers.

During that split second, that tiny moment, I felt loved. More loved than I've ever been.

"I'll race you." Taylor whispered.

"I'll win." I smirked, and started running.

"Hey! I didn't say go!" Taylor ram after me, but I'd already gotten to the sand, and sat down near the shore.

Once Taylor caught up to me, she sat next to me.

The sunset was beautiful from there. All kinds of colors and clouds and you could see the sun shining right over the water.

"It's pretty huh?" Taylor says.

"Super pretty."

We sat for a while, and had eventually switched to laying down. My head resting on Taylor's lap.

"I used to do this all the time, in Florida. When my mom was still alive."

"Did you?"

"Yeah."

There was a pause.

"Well, I know I'll never be able to live up to who your mom was, but I promise I'll be there for you just like she was. Every step of the way."

I could feel my eyes began to water, and tears slowly make their way down my face. Taylor sat up, and wiped them away with her thumbs.

"Pinky promise?" I asked.

"Pinky promise."