You're On Your Own, Kid (Part Two)

First things first shout out to kasasha7 for her comments they make me laugh lmao

I lifted my head and opened my eyes. I was in the same position as before, and had no idea how long it had been.

I realized Taylor was next to me, she was looking up at the stars. I looked too, and realized how clear the sky was.

"Andromeda." I said, referring to the constellation.

"You're right. She reminds me of you."

"Why?" I ask.

"Because she's pretty." Taylor nudged, dragging out the last word which made me laugh.

"I'm not that pretty. Not as pretty as you at least."

Taylor scoffed.

"Are you kidding? Andromeda's parents bragged about how beautiful she was so much, that the other gods got so jealous, and sacrificed her to a sea monster. I think you would defeat the monster though. Because you're so strong."

"Really?"

"Of course."

We kept staring at the stars for a while. I noticed Andromeda's parents constellations up in the sky.

"I'm sorry Taylor. For everything."

"I know you're sorry. I'm sorry too darling, you just worry me sometimes."

"I imagine I do." I laugh, thinking about all the times I've scared Taylor half to death.

"Just take a break. Please. Even if it's just a little one."

"I guess." I muttered.

"I promise you will be fine."

She was right, of course. One day of doing nothing didn't kill me. I took the next day off from school, work, and rehearsal. I felt like I wasn't doing enough all the time, but I occupied myself with extra sleep and activities I wouldn't be able to do otherwise. I actually did stuff for fun, not because I felt like I had to.

One thing Taylor and I did was go to the farm. I often forget that she has an entire farm with animals and everything. We dressed in overalls and boots, and it all reminded me of when I used to live in the south with my mom.

Taylor and I were out with the three pigs. They were pretty small pigs, not like hogs.

"I watched a pig give birth once." I said, sprinkling some food into the feeder.

"Did you?"

"Yeah. My mom used to take me to her friend's farm, and it was a total surprise. She was two whole weeks early, but she had a healthy litter of 15."

"A whole 15? That's a lot."

"I know. I could barely watch though. It was gross."

Taylor laughed and shook her head, like she knew that it was something I would do.

"You know, I was thinking about getting a horse. I mean, I've got all the supplies and space for one."

"I think a horse would be cool. Only if I got to name it though." I joked.

After that, we were supposed to be cleaning the barn, but I spent most of my time with the baby cows.

We ended the day with pizza and a Christmas movie, Edward Scissorhands.

——————
"I'm glad you took a day off." Xochitl smiled, squeezing my hand as we walked around the campus during our break period.

"You didn't miss me?" I smirked.

"Not at all." Xo sarcastically said, turning her head away from me.

I dramatically gasped, pretending to be offended, Xo smiled, and turned back to me. I could see the deep blush spreading from her cheeks to her ears.

"Maybe just a little bit."

"Oh really?" I said, wrapping my arms around her neck.

"Mhm."

I went up onto my tippy toes to kiss her, tasting her forever familiar peach cream soda lips.