67.Eriadu

"Hold up!" Mila shouted, running up the last few steps to the plaza, waving a white envelope in the air to catch Alona's attention.

    The Gray Jedi gave the midwife a questioning look, stopping in her tracks and waiting for her to approach. "Mila, what are you doing? It's late."

    Mila slowed to a stop, trying to catch her breath as she wordlessly shoved the envelope into Alona's hands. "Blood results came back, you and the baby are good...minus your very high midi-chlorian count." She panted, placing a hand on the side stitch that had formed.

    Alona held her breath, hand tightening around the envelope. "Yeah, I should explain-"

    "No need to. I kind of inferred, considering you were a seemingly normal woman traveling with a group of clones. Anyway, the blood test was able to determine the sex of your baby. I wrote it down inside of that envelope, you and Hunter can open it whenever." Mila said quickly, looking over Alona's shoulder at the Marauder that had just started up. "How long will you be gone for?"

    Alona glanced down at the envelope, anxiety sending a numbing feeling into her face and a pain in her chest. She tucks the paper into her pocket. She looked back up at Mila. "At least four days. Travel time will take up two rotations, and depending on which direction this mission goes..." She trailed off with a conflicted sigh. "But I think we'll be back soon, and maybe for good."

    "Good plan." Mila nodded softly, placing a hand on Alona's forearm. "Hey, you be careful, alright?"

    Alona smiled, nodding her head. "I will. Thank you." She replied, surprising herself when she pulled the midwife into a grateful hug. "You've helped me so much."

    Mila laughed, pulling away and wiping away a tear. "Sorry, postpartum hormones." She laughed uncomfortably. "And thank you for your help. I wouldn't have made it up to the plaza that night without you."

    "It's what I was trained to do." Alona replied, squeezing Mila's shoulder as she took a step back towards the Marauder. "See you soon."

    Alona passed Tech and Phee as she ascended up the steps of the ship, finding Hunter leaning against the wall in the hull of the ship, his head tilted back with his eyes closed. She approached him, tugging on the sleeve of his crossed arm.

    She agreed to this mission, but there was something she needed to make clear to Hunter before they arrived on Eriadu in two days time. "Hunter." She said quietly, trying to hide the nervousness in her voice. But she couldn't hide something like that from someone like Hunter. His heightened senses picked up on her anxious state almost immediately.

    "What's up, cyar'ika?" He asked, bringing a hand out to brush her hair behind her ear.

    Alona glanced off to the side temporarily, seeing Tech board the ship and make his way into the cockpit, sitting down in the pilot's seat and immediately lifting the Marauder off of the ground. Wrecker and Echo were having a conversation in there as well. "T-talk-uhm, can I talk to you...somewhere more private?" She asked, her metal fingers picking at the skin on her flesh hand.

    Hunter furrows his brows in concern and nods, placing a hand on her lower back and guiding her into the bedroom. "Sit down, you should rest as much as you can before we get there." He advised in a gentle voice. Alona sat on the edge of their bunk, letting out a shaky breath. Hunter knelt down in front of her, eyes peering up into hers. "Come on, talk to me."

    Alona exhaled in frustration, unsure of how to start. She pulled out the envelope from her pocket, smoothing out the creases with her thumbs. "Promise me that you'll live."