21.Cham

"All my father wanted was peace on Ryloth. Why is this happening?" Hera asked, wrapping her arms around herself.

    Alona leaned against the Marauder, biting the inside of her cheek in contemplation. Were they just going to leave? Tell Hera that she would grow up an Orphan, that she'd never see her parents again?

    "He's a voice the people stand behind. That makes him a threat to the Empire." Echo explained, joining the others beside the ramp of the ship.

    Hera shook her head, her lekku swinging from side to side. "I don't care about any of that. I just want my parents back." She expressed.

    Chopper came rushing out of the Marauder with Tech, chattering about all the new information he had received. Tech tapped on his device. "We're all over the Imperial comm channels. They've increased patrols within the city."

    Alona sighed, running her hands over her face. She hated making decisions. It doesn't seem like there is a possibility for any good outcomes. Hera's got them in a knot.

    "Crosshair will expect an attack. The element of surprise is gone...There's nothing we can do." Hunter says unfortunately. Alona's expression drops and she refuses to look at Hera.

    "Wait, you can't leave." Hera argued. Alona scrunched her eyebrows together to avoid showing she was upset about it too.

    "I told you no guarantees. We'll get you off world and take you somewhere safe." Hunter sighed, starting up the ramp.

    Hera grabs onto his arm. "Stop! I-I'll pay you double." She stammered. Alona's face twisted in sadness as she felt Hera's pain. She wanted to help Hera, this girl didn't deserve to lose her parents.

    Hunter shook his head. "All the money in the galaxy won't matter if Alona gets taken by the Empire and the rest of us are dead. What you're asking us to do, it's not worth the risk."

    Hera's eyes watered. "Not to you." She said before turning around to walk away.

    Omega stood in front of the adults, an angered glint in her eye. "You shouldn't have said that." She expressed.

    "Being strategic means knowing your limitations, Omega." Hunter replied, trying to teach the blonde an important lesson.

    "She's trying to save her family, Hunter. I'd do the same for you." Omega retorted, going after Hera.

    Alona pushed off of the Marauder, walking up next to Hunter. "I want to help Hera, too, Hunter. The kid needs her parents. Especially now when the galaxy is so dangerous." She said quietly, wrapping her arms tightly around herself. And she knew how lonely and uncared for someone would feel when they were all alone. Alona never felt loved. She didn't know what family felt like. Until she was taken from Tatooine. She experienced a family-like love with almost everyone around her.

She watched Hunter's eyes flicker and she knew he was considering it. He was laying out all the options and possibilities. His thoughtful expression then lowered to fear. Alona could feel it radiating off of him. "But what if you get captured? There's no telling what they would do to you." He expressed, raising his hand to place it on her face, but stopped when he remembered the other members of the squad were right there.

They would tell them...one day.

Alona sighed, understanding his fear. But she did not care what could or would happen to her. "We'll cross that path if we get to it." She determined, giving him a reassuring smile. She eyed the room down the hall where Hera and Omega were. "You know the girls are in there plotting against you. I'd be surprised if we didn't end up going through with what Hera has asked us to do." She smirked, bumping shoulders with him.