54.What Is Your Issue?

Double update for Bad Batch Wednesday. Episode 13 came out and it's my new favorite omg it's so cute🥹

It wasn't long before the squad found out what the cause for the stampede was, and they found themselves running in a similar fashion.

The storm had gained on them, and was blowing wrathfully through the ravine. Rocks were blowing at their feet, one managing to hit Omega right on the bone of her ankle.

Wrecker gets hit in the back of the helmet by some kind of scrap of metal.

Now engulfed by the dirt storm, unable to see two feet in front of them, they continued running but knew they stood no chance if they stayed out like this much longer. Alona would know, having been caught out in the starts of many sand storms on Tatooine.

"We need to find shelter!" Hunter shouted over the rapid wind.

Alona covered her head with her arms, trying to shield herself from flying objects.

Tech scanned the area with his datapad. "There is another mine. Thirty meters ahead."

The storm grew stronger and the squad found it hard to keep themselves upright. Tech had fallen with the ipsium case. Wrecker quickly bent down and helped his brother back up, pulling him towards the mine.

"The case!" Alona shouted, watching it rattle in the strong gusts of wind.

"Forget it!" Wrecker shouted, reaching Alona and pushing her along too.

Once they were all standing in the entrance of the mine, they realized their mistake as they watched the ipsium case lift high into the air and slam against the rock above the entrance.

"Get down!" Hunter shouted as the violent boom erupted. He wrapped his arms tightly around Alona, both of them getting knocked to the ground alongside the others.

Alona's ears rang violently as she lifted herself off of Hunter's chest. It was dark, really dark. Quickly she ignited her lightsaber, illuminating the mine entrance now blocked by large pieces of stone.

Alona shook her head, trying to get rid of the headache-induced ringing.

"So, now we are trapped." Tech's voice was nearly drowned by the ringing. "And we have lost all of our ipsium."

"Well, I-I suppose that's my fault too?" Wrecker retorted.

"Well, technically, yes. If you had not let our ship get stolen, we would be aboard it right now with the mineral."

Hunter sighs. "None of this is helping." He lit his lantern, setting it on one of the large boulders along with his helmet. He walks over to Alona, tilting his head slightly, eyes trained on the ground while he focuses. She assumes he's checking for the little heartbeat.

Alona switched off her lightsaber, placing it back on her belt. "Let's wait for the storm to pass, then I can lift all these rocks and get us out of here easily."

"I forgot you could do that." Wrecker gaped, plopping down against the wall of the mine.

"It's one of the first things we're taught to lift. These rocks are about ten times bigger, but I have the strategy down. I can do it." Alona explained, sinking down onto a large rock, using it as a chair. The ringing finally died down and she looked across the mine to check on Omega, who was focused on the datapad.

Hunter sat down next to Alona, handing her the flask of water again. "Everything feel alright? No dizziness, no pain, no weird feelings?" He asked quietly, his mouth close to her ear.