42.Heart of the Mountain

Season Two Episode Eleven "Metamorphosis" came out today and I fell out of my chair realizing that I had unknowingly foreshadowed episode 11 while I was writing "Spoils of War" a few weeks ago

Anyways, here's more from Episode 5

"You don't like Phee that much, do you?" Echo asked, shining his flashlight down the tunnel as the four of them walked.

Alona shrugged, wiping the dust off of her face. "It's not her specifically, it's pirates in general. She's not the best person for Omega to look up to."

Tech looked back at her. "Do you think you're the one she should look up to?" He questioned.

Alona genuinely laughed, placing a hand on her stomach. "Hell no. I don't set the best example for her, either. But I choose people over treasure, unlike a certain someone that she's currently with."

"Hunter?" Wrecker chimed.

Alona grinned and shook her head. "Phee, you dingus."

The four of them continue walking through the narrow winding tunnels, slowly navigating their way to Hunter, Omega, and Phee.

"How much further?" Wrecker asked twenty minutes into their detour.

Tech glances down at his data pad, slowing in his steps. "Uncertain. Something ahead is interfering with my scans." He replied, squinting down the dark tunnel.

Echo raises his hand to his helmet. "Hunter, come in." He chimes. No answer, only static came from the device. "Comms are down too."

Alona grew weary of the situation, walking past Tech with her hand hovering over her lightsaber while she took the lead of the group. "I don't like this." She muttered. She pauses when more rumbling is heard.

Wrecker flinched. "Did you hear that? I-It's that-that thing." He said shakily.

Echo rolled his head. "It's in your head, Wrecker." He retorted.

Alona shook her head, gesturing with her hand for them to stand against the wall. "It's not in his head." She whispered upon hearing the rustling sound again. They approached an intersection in the cave, hearing that sound more clearly this time.

The boys readied their blasters, holding them close. Alona counted down from three with her fingers, the four of them emerging when the last finger went down.

Blasters pointed, flashlights shining on the suspects, they all let out a relieved sigh when they realized it was just Hunter, Omega, and Phee.

"What took you so long?" Hunter asked straightaway, standing with his arms loosely dangling at his sides.

Alona grinned. "Missed you too." She joked, walking over and kissing the cheek of his helmet as she passed him. She looked down at Omega, who was back to bouncing on her heels. "Any news, 'Mega?"

"Phee thinks we're getting close to the treasure!" Omega exclaimed, gesturing to the white and gold door that they all stood in front of. It was so plain, simple.

"What type of puzzle is this?" Tech asked, craning his neck to get the full view.

Phee scoffed, placing her lamp on the ground and resting her hands on the door. "Don't overthink it, Brown Eyes. Sometimes a door," She paused, finding the hatch and lifting it. "Is just a door." She hummed, sliding it open to reveal what at first glance appeared to be a ravine.

But at a deeper glance, Alona saw that this entire section was some time of man-made room. She frowned, hopping down onto the slim platform with Phee and Omega. This was some kind of base, or a weapon. The Force seemed to be whispering to her, a minor warning. "This isn't a good idea." She expressed.