63.Sea Surge

Here's another chapter. It may not cure the hole in our hearts from the S2 finale, but hopefully it can make you smile 😊

"It's almost time." Phee says, breaking the silence that had fallen onto the table.

"For what?" Tech says almost immediately, glancing to his left at Phee.

The liberator of ancient wonders rose from her seat with a faint smirk. "See for yourself." She replied, leading him to the ledge that looked out at Lower Pabu and the vast ocean. The two of them stood there together, shoulders nearly brushing together.

Tech scanned the distance, shaking his head. "I am not seeing anything."

Phee placed a hand on his chest. "Just wait. It'll be worth it." Alona and Wrecker shared a look at the way Tech flinched but then kind of melted into the touch.

Hunter raised his cup to his lips, but didn't drink from it. He looked to the side at Alona and Wrecker. "He's going to be permanently tachycardic if this goes on for much longer." He joked, then took a sip before setting his cup back down. He rose up from his seat and held his hand out for Alona.

She took his hand and followed him to the ledge, standing a few feet away from Tech and Phee. The city was almost invisible under the sky now that the sun was setting. Only the small dock lights were seen making out the shape of the island.

But as the sun hid further down behind the horizon, the lights of the city flickered on one after another. Alona leaned her head against Hunter's shoulder, each of them having an arm wrapped around the other's waist as they watched the beautiful scene in front of them.

Yeah, this place was perfect.

"Pretty spectacular, right?" Phee asked Tech, her voice softer than it's ever been.

Tech faintly turned his head to her, eyes never leaving the lights of the town. "I suppose that is one way to quantify it." Even his voice was soft.

But then something changed. Maybe it was only for Hunter and his five heightened senses, or Alona with what was practically a sixth sense, but they could tell something was going to happen.

It started with the moon-yos, they all collectively stopped messing around on the patio and began running in the same direction, meeting up with others of their species.

Alona and Hunter turned to observe them. "Animals don't do that unless they know there is a threat." The Gray Jedi muttered, looking up at Hunter's concentrated face.

And then it was the sound of the waves. They changed, almost like the water was trying to change direction.

Alona closed her eyes and reached out to the living Force, breathing slowly while searching for the source of the planet's change. She knew this wasn't the Empire. The threat wasn't man-made.

"What's wrong?" Phee asked, noticing the couple's changed behavior.

Alona furrowed her brows, continuing her search for the threat. The water kept drawing her attention, it was something about the ocean.

"Something's coming." Hunter answered. He felt the ground begin to tremble before anyone else did. "We need to-" But the island practically jolted, the tremor knocking Wrecker out of his chair and onto the ground.

Hunter reached for Alona, holding her close. The tremor pulled her out of her concentration, breaking the connection. She opened her eyes and watched the water's behavior, the way the waves jolted around with the tremor.

Then it stopped, and everyone thought that was the end of it.

Hunter raised his comm. "Omega, come in. Are you two okay?" He asked, his grip loosening on Alona. She took a step back, continuing to observe the water with narrowed eyes.