18.Visions

Ord Mantell had become the closest thing to home for the Bad Batch...unless you count the Marauder that had an increasingly horrid smell. Echo said their room back on Kamino smelled exactly the same. Alona didn't even question it.

The squad was walking through the streets of the city after another mission. Omega was sitting up on top of Wrecker's shoulder, eating her weight in Mantell Mix.

Alona had been seeing and hearing Anakin a lot more recently. She even struggled to sleep at night because his Sith eyes were an image so burnt into her head it was exhausting.

Hunter had obviously caught onto the worsening change in Alona. She slept less, her temper was bad more often than not, and he would catch her staring at random areas like she was seeing a ghost.

But that was because Alona actually was.

Anakin was dead, what she saw were visions. She just doesn't know what they mean yet. And Alona wasn't exactly itching to find out, either. Having visions of your dead brother who, as his last action alive, turned into a Sith, was definitely not a good sign.

"How's the Mantell Mix, kid?" Wrecker asked.

Omega smiled and fed Wrecker a handful of the popcorn. "Better than ever."

Wrecker hummed. "Yeah, it is!" He laughed along with the girl.

"So, when's our next mission?" Omega asked.

Alona saw that dark brown cloak again. She closed her eyes and continued walking, feeling like she was going crazy. Go away. Go away.

Tech turned around, walking backwards so he could converse with the blonde. "With two bounty hunters after you, it'd be wise to keep a low profile."

Alona opened her eyes, sighing in relief when he was gone.

Hunter stopped the group and turned around. "Tech's right." He started. Wrecker set Omega down on the ground. "There's too much heat on us right now."

Wrecker chuckled. "That's never stopped us before."

"Alona."

Alona held her breath, turning away from the group to stare at Anakin again. Go away. Go away.

"The kid's been through enough. She needs a break." Hunter said quietly while Tech and Echo distract Omega. "Alona would agree, right? Alona?"

Go away. Go away. Someone walked in front of her vision and once they passed, Anakin was gone. Alona finally breathed again.

"Alona." Hunter called, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Do you agree?"

She turned around, looking at his face. "Huh? Oh, uh, yeah. Definitely." She nodded, being the first of them to walk down the steps and into Cid's parlor. She had no idea what Hunter was asking, but whatever it was she hoped it wasn't important.

"I've got a mission for you boys. A simple extraction on Raxus." Cid said the second they were all inside.

Tech's head perked up. "Raxus? That is the former center of the Separatist government. It has since become an Imperial outpost-"

"I'm not interested in a history lesson, Goggles. You're being hired to locate and free Senator Avi Singh from his confinement. My client will meet you at the given coordinates to brief you. Details are on this. Now get going." Cid retorted, throwing the chip towards Tech. Hunter catches it instead, looking down at it.

"Help a Separatist? Not gonna happen." Hunter rejected the chip, throwing it back to Cid. Hunter refused to help a Separatist, someone who took so much away from the clones and the Jedi. From the innocent people throughout the galaxy.