65.Island Living

What about Scout for the baby's name? I'd say it's gender neutral, would fit either way

"This belt's gotta go." Alona sighed in annoyance, removing her lightsaber and undoing the accessory, sliding it off. "Can't breathe with it on."

Hunter watches this with a raised eyebrow, smiling at how beautiful Alona looked carrying a baby.

But he noticed the increasingly sad expression take over her usually glowing face as she wraps her belt around her hand. He knew how much she liked that belt, and how useful it was, carrying her comm and lightsaber.

Alona had popped, as Tech called it, a few days ago. Her bump was visible, and Hunter loved it so much.

The Sergeant held his hand out, waving his fingers expectantly. "Give it here."

Alona gave him a questioning look, but handed him the red belt anyway. Her lips stretched into a smirk. She placed her hands on her bump, scooting her back further against the wall. "What'cha going to do with it, tie me up?"

Hunter's moves faltered for a second before he met her gaze, a teasing glint in his eye. "Not right now." He smirked, bringing his fingers to his mouth to whistle at Tech. The goggled clone looks up from his datapad, raising his eyebrows expectantly at the Sergeant.

Tech began walking over, giving the belt wrapped around Hunter's hand a questioning look. "What is it?"

"I need something small and sharp, you got any tools on you?" Hunter asked, running his thumb along the sturdy texture of the belt. He could see now why it was so uncomfortable to wear.

Tech slid a tool off of his belt, holding onto the end and extending his arm for Hunter to grab the handle. "This frearson driver will work best to puncture holes into the belt's material...which I assume is what you're doing."

Hunter nods, muttering a small thanks to his brother, taking the screwdriver and getting to work. He was going to put a few more holes in front of the others to hopefully make Alona's belt last a little longer with her growing bump.

Alona adjusts her seated position again, having a hard time staying comfortable. When she settled, she found herself struggling to catch her breath. "Did I really fall out of shape that quickly?" She laughed, drawing a deep breath in.

Hunter glanced up from his task, eyeing Alona cautiously. "You alright?" He asked, watching her take another deep breath. Alona nodded her head, starting to breathe more normally now. He watched her for a couple more seconds, then returned to putting holes in her belt. He made sure to keep his senses focused on her and the baby.

Tech adjusted his goggles, looking back down at his datapad, obviously looking up something. "Shortness of breath is a common symptom in pregnancy. The fetus is increasing pressure on the diaphragm."

Alona laughed again, dropping her head while shaking it. "The baby doesn't want me to breathe?"

"It should not be life threatening, if that's what you're concerned about." Tech replied, watching Hunter nearly impale himself with the tool. "That is highly dangerous, don't you know to point a sharp object away from you when using it?"

Hunter looked up at Tech without lifting his head. "How about I point it at you instead?" He replied, sounding slightly annoyed.

Tech blinked, not even offended. "That is couvade syndrome. You are experiencing pregnancy symptoms, such as mood swings." Hunter had been a little more emotional lately.

Alona laughed, watching Hunter's eyes widen. She took the tool from his hand and held it out to Tech. "Take your fettuccine driver and go find your girlfriend before Hunter and his couvade syndrome kills you."