10.Rex

The Marauder was taking fire as they sped through space. Hunter was up in the gunner's position, doing his best to fire back at the enemy. Another mission had become more difficult than it was supposed to be.

    Alona was pressed up against her seat, her heart racing as she watched the horrid creature they were sent to capture run around the ship free. "I'm really starting to hate being a mercenary!" She shouted, screaming in horror as the creature started running toward her.

    Omega found this funny. She was cackling at the horrified woman.

    "How much longer until we're in hyperspace, Tech?!" Hunter shouted from the gunner's position.

    "That depends on when Echo plans on getting the drive back online." Tech says passive aggressively.

    "I'm working on it!" Echo retorts.

    The entire ship jolts after taking another hit. The creature screeches loudly.

    "I don't think Ruby likes this very much!" Omega noted, reaching out for the creature.

    "You named that thing?!" Alona and Wrecker screamed. Though Wrecker was a lot more calm about it. Alona was practically in distress.

    The ship jolts again.

    Wrecker growls. "WHAT'S WITH THESE GUYS?!!?!"

    "Well, we did steal from them." Omega chirped, failing at catching Ruby.

    "Technically, the Rhokai stole the lizard first. We are merely intercepting it." Tech corrected.

    Alona let out a stressed sound. "Do you think the Rhokai would mind if I intercepted the lizard's life?" She cried out, shrinking further into the seat to get away from Ruby. She pulled her knees into her chest.

    Ruby jumped onto Wrecker's face, making horrid sounds. The clone tried desperately to get it off, but failed. "Ew, get it off, get it off!" He panicked.

    "Stay calm, you're scaring her! Both of you!" Omega scolded, pointing to Wrecker and Alona.

    "Oh, we're scaring her?!" Alona remarked with wide eyes. Wrecker continued to struggle against Ruby.

    Wrecker ran head first into the wall, knocking Ruby off of him. The creature runs towards Alona. She screams, but Omega grabs the lizard seconds before it makes physical contact with the female Jedi.

    "Got her!" Omega smiles, holding the lizard tightly as she carries her back to her cage.

    "Hyperdrive's back online!" Echo shouted. They blasted into hyperspace not even a second later.

    Hunter jumped down the ladder, scanning the two grown adults that were traumatized. Wrecker was sitting on the ground, his chest heaving. Alona was staring at the crate with a horrified expression on her face."You guys are pitiful." Hunter laughed, turning to Omega to give her a high five.

    It took Alona the rest of the flight to get her heart to stop racing. Echo wouldn't stop making fun of how she was a Jedi warrior and yet a small lizard scared her to death.

    Alona had never been as happy as when they finally got to turn Ruby over to Cid.

    "That is one strange-looking lizard." Cid muttered, turning from the cage.

    "You're a strange-looking lizard." Alona retorted, cowering behind Hunter before Cid could punch her for that comment.

    "What's your client want it for?" Echo asked quickly, trying to stray Cid from Alona.