I realised I was alone in the storage locker, but I didn't think of much after that since I fell unconscious quickly after.

I CAME back to consciousness sometime after, and I expected to have to squint for my eyes to adjust to the light, but there was none. In fact, the only light in the room, I realised, was coming from outside it.

The second I tried to sit up, a stabbing pain in my head erupted, though it only lasted a second.

I recount the event of the past... however long it had been and took in a sharp breath. Could he be trusted? Should I believe anything he says, or should I automatically think liar every time he opens his mouth?

The thing about Theodore Brooks, I realised, and as strange as this was, I wanted to trust him. I wanted to see my father who raised me, even after everything he did to me, I wanted to think he changed.

Well, even though he just tortured me, psychologically and physically, but it doesn't matter.

I stood up when I thought the pain subsided again, which it did, and I walk out of the building to see it running normally.

People were coming in and out of the complex, and cars were in the car park, but Rebekah's or Damon's weren't, which was a bit annoying.

I compelled the keys to a black Mercedes out of the owner and drove back to Mystic Falls, compelled someone to dump it in the next town over.

I walked into my house, just wanting to lie down and sleep, but I got a really strange feeling as soon as I crossed the threshold.

"Elijah? Babe, are you here?" I call out and he replies instantly.

"Yeah, I'm in here," he says awfully quietly and I walk through to the kitchen, where his voice was coming from. When I see him, I walk straight into his arms and bury my head into the crook of his neck. "Are you alright, love?" He says, concern laced in his voice and I shake my head.

"I've just had the worst night," I say and he nods, just holding me.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks and I think for a second.

"Later."

I WOKE up thirteen and a half hours later (according to the clock) and push myself up and look around the room.

There was a certain glow I had noticed myself seeing. It was similar to the piece of paper my father showed me, though it was a lot more subtle.

"Are you ok, love?" I hear and I realise my hand was resting on his chest.

"I'm... I don't know, I'm just wigging I think," I say, pressing a kiss to his lips. I bask in his embrace for a few more seconds before his phone rings.

"There's something I should tell you, love," he says, pulling away from me slightly.

"What?" I ask cautiously.

"Last night... after Rebekah found Daomn and Rebekah found Klaus, Alaric did too. He... he staked Klaus-"

"Klaus is dead," I state flatly. "He... fuck- what?" I wasn't even that close with Klaus, though I felt this grief fall over me as if he were my best friend. "No."

"I'm sorry love, but I-" he says but I start shaking my head profusely.

"N-No! I should be the one to comfort you! You two... You two were brothers for a thousand years and-"

"Hey, hey, hey. Stop. It's ok. He jumped into Tyler Lockwood's body and he called me about a hundred times to try to make you get him to jump into another body," Elijah explains and I scrunch my eyebrows.