Chapter 3

༻❀LALE❀༺

LALE

* Long chapter *

I'm sitting in the office of Mr. Williams, the principal, who's explaining to me the rules of the school.

He's either a very angry man or just pissed off because I'm late.

"Do you have any questions related to the rules or your timetable?", he asks me with his hands crossed on the table and speaks with a sharp tone the entire time.

"No, I don't.", I answer with a soft voice while fidgeting with my fingers.

I just want to leave.

"Great, then we're done here.", he stands up and walks towards the door.

Finally. This man is so irritating. I couldn't focus on what he was saying because I was too distracted wondering if he has a bad impression of me now because I was late.

Mr. Williams doesn't seem any different than my old principal. My old principal, Mr. Heinrich, always talked about respecting one another and how important his students are to him. We also had a sign hanging on our school that said, "School without racism- School with courage." There was a lot of racism and discrimination at my old school and he never did anything about it. He never cared how he said he would. Funny isn't it?

I never understood how people can say things without really meaning it. If you don't care, why do you say you do?

Is Mr. Williams really any different from my old principal? Does he really care about his students like he says he does? I hope he does and I also hope he doesn't ignore his students complaints.

When Mr. Williams opens the door, I see Ameerah talking with Mrs. Nguyen, the school secretary, about her summer vacation in Pakistan. They both seem to get along really well.

The school secretary we had at my old school was very rude, but I'm glad Mrs. Nguyen is the opposite. She was very welcoming when she first saw me and even seems to like her job.

Ameerah then notices my presence and ends the conversation.

"Let's go. I'll show you around the school before we head to class."

We say goodbye and walk out the door.

"Let me see your timetable.", she says and I hand her the papers, "We both have math together in first period." She looks up at me with bright eyes and a big smile on her face.