Chapter 6

≪•◦ Matteo ◦•≫

•◦ Matteo ◦•

"Her name is is Miso.", I tell Lale.

Absolutely my favorite topic.

"Do you want to see some pictures?", I ask her while looking at her briefly. She looks up at me with her beautiful hazel eyes, but I quickly look down, unable to comprehend her beauty.

I wanted to stay away from her, but well, it didn't really work out.

When I saw her in front of the classroom, I knew that we both are in the same class in French and because she doesn't really know anyone here, I didn't want her to be alone. And now I'm sitting next to her and also suggested lending her my book.

I can't believe it myself. What have I done? I wanted to stay away but now there's no turning back anymore.

"Yeah sure! I love cats.", she says in a soft-spoken way with a small smile on her face.

Good. I could never be with someone who doesn't like cats.

I show her some pictures of my cat Miso, especially where she looks like she's smiling for the camera with her front teeth showing. She looks like a little vampire. It's one of the cutest pictures I have of her.

Lale keeps saying how cute she thinks Miso is and I can only agree.

"Why did you call her Miso? Does it have a meaning behind it?", she asks curiously.

"The day I adopted her, we ordered Japanese food. She tried my miso soup and loved it, she even wanted more. So I thought what if I call her Miso? That's how I came up with the name.", Lale listens attentively with her head tilted slightly to the right.

Her curiosity is genuine, not fake. Some people act like they're interested in the things you tell them to make themselves more likable, but that doesn't work for me. I know when someone is feigning curiosity and when they aren't.

"What about you? Do you have a cat?", I add.

"No, unfortunately not. I wanted to buy one in Germany but my father told me it would be very impractical now that we're moving to another continent.", her eyes widen with her hand on her forehead and she gasps as she says, "But now that you ask me, I totally forgot to look for a cat."

She seems very comfortable and open in my presence for the way she behaves.

"If you want, I can send you the website of the shelter where I adopted Miso. They know me there and many cats need a new home.", I suggest and she nods.