Chapter 5

༻❀LALE❀༺

LALE

It's the second day of school, I have English in first period and look like I could use some sleep.

Unfortunately I woke up twice in the middle of the night because I was having nightmares again that didn't let me sleep properly.

My nightmares got me addicted to coffee, as coffee is the only thing that helps me to stay awake during the day.

I'm sitting in the corner of the classroom by myself, because I feel like others wouldn't pay any attention to me, which is good. I don't want to draw too much attention to myself.

It's not like that I hate attention, I hate it from people I don't know or don't feel comfortable around with. I only love getting attention when it's comes from the people I love.

It's boring without Ameerah, I wish she was here, so that we can talk about books or food.

I've only known her for a day but it feels like we've known each other for years.

I get attached to people very quickly once they're nice to me or show me a little bit of affection.

Ameerah and I exchanged numbers at lunch and we've agreed that we'll meet in the cafeteria every day. She'll also introduce me to her other friends and show me the rest of the school later.

"Hey, is the seat next to you taken?", someone with a silvery voice asks me.

When I look up, I see a girl with brown eyes and honey blond hair.

„No... no it's not.", I answer with a gentle smile, hoping I'm not being too awkward.

She returns the smile but for some reason I have an uneasy feeling.

It's probably just your anxiety Lale, nothing more.

"You're the new student right?", she looks at me with raised eyebrows.

"Ye- yes I am.", how does she know?

Are people talking about me? But why should they? I mean I haven't done anything.

No no Lale, you're just overthinking again.

We talked a lot before class started. Her name is Chiara and we both have English together. She's also Italian and told me that she knows Alessia and Matteo, because of their families. Maybe that's why she knew who I was. She asked me some questions about Germany, what the schools and people are like, but I kept my answers short.