Chapter 4

༻❀LALE❀༺

LALE

* Short Chapter *

I took a quick shower right after I got home. Now I'm lying on my cozy bed and thinking about today.

Alhamdulillah it was a great day and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I've met new great people like Ameerah and Alessia.

Alessia is the twin sister of Matteo, the guy I have to sit next to in math. She introduced herself to me after class. I never thought that I'd be welcomed so quickly but the people seem nice here, which makes me really happy.

Maybe this time everything will be different.

I no longer miss my prayers during school either, since we have a small prayer room at our school.

At my old school I always missed Zuhr and Asr, since we didn't have many Muslims or a place to pray. I know there's no excuse for missing your prayers but our principal told us it's school and not a mosque, so he didn't allow us to pray at all.

When I'm done praying Maghrib and reading Quran, I make my way downstairs to help my stepmother with dinner.

"How was your first day of school?", my stepmother asks me while we're making Mantı.

"It was great. The people at my new school seem really nice. I met a girl, her name is Ameerah Noor, she helped me out and showed me around the school. We both have math together but the teacher sat me next to a guy who didn't look so happy about it.", I tell her in turkish.

My stepmother is the only person I've opened up to about the incidents that happened at my old school.

"That's sounds great.", she glances at me with a smile on her face, "And don't worry about the guy, maybe he wasn't having a good day."

"I doubt that, he looks scary.", my stepmother laughs at my comment.

After dinner we all sit in the living room and drink çay while my father watches soccer.

My little sister tells us about her day and how many friends she made at her new school. I'm not even surprised as she's a very open and talkative person. She makes friends very easily and everywhere she goes.

When it's prayer time, I go upstairs to perform Wudhu and pray Isha. The morning and and the night prayer are one of my favorite times of the day.

Our house is by the beach and since we moved here my day always starts with praying Fajr, thanking Allah (SWT) for waking me up, reading 5 pages of the Quran while listening to the birds chirping and the sound of the waves and I then get ready for school.

At night, I pray my prayers and thank Allah (SWT) for the blessings He has bestowed upon me and for showing me the true path. Before I go to sleep I read a portion of the Quran as I'm having nightmares and flashbacks from my past that make it difficult for me to sleep and calm down.

Since I always start and end my day by thanking Allah, I can see my life slowly changing.

As Allah (SWT) says in the Quran;

'If you are grateful, I will certainly give you more...' [ Surah Ibrahim, verse 7 ]

Alhamdulillah.

When I'm done with my night routine, I get ready for bed and try to sleep.

I hope I don't get any nightmares this time.

____________________________

A little reminder:

'A hand lifted to Allah (SWT) is never returned empty.'