I felt a knot form in my stomach. "What does that mean for me?"

Lucian leaned forward, his eyes intense. "It means that you have a role to play in the war between the old gods and the new. Your blessing is a powerful weapon that can tip the scales in favor of one side or the other."

I was incredulous. "What war? And why does my blessing have anything to do with it?"

Lucian sighed heavily. "It's a long story, Yona. But the short version is that the old gods, like me, were overthrown by the new gods, who wanted to rule over humans and control their destinies. Your blessing, as the child of Jupiter, is the key to unlocking the power of the old gods and restoring balance to the world."

I shook my head, feeling overwhelmed. "I don't understand. How can I do all that?"

Lucian reached out and took my hand. "You're not alone, Yona. I will help you."

I cut him off. "No, you don't understand. You have no idea what it's like to have your entire life turned upside down in an instant. To be told that you're the child of a god, that you have this 'blessing' that's actually a curse, and that you're supposed to use it to fight in a war between gods. How am I supposed to do that? I'm just a mortal!"

"I understand more than you realize," Lucian said softly. "I've lived for thousands of years, Yona. I've seen countless mortals face impossible choices and difficult trials. But I've also seen them rise to the occasion, to become heroes in their own right."

I looked at him skeptically. "And what about you? Are you a hero, Lucian?"

He smiled wryly. "I'd like to think so. But I've made my fair share of mistakes and bad choices."

I looked at him, feeling a mix of emotions. Fear, confusion, and a strange sense of hope. "What do I do now?"

I snatched my hand away from him, feeling betrayed. "So you've been lying to me this whole time? You knew who I was and you didn't tell me?"

Lucian looked hurt. "I was trying to protect you, Yona. I didn't want to involve you in this war."

"I don't want to be involved in this war!" I yelled. "I just want to live my life and be left alone!"

"But you can't, Yona," Lucian said firmly. "You have a responsibility to use your blessing for the greater good."

"I don't care!" I yelled. "I never asked for this! I never wanted any of this!"

Lucian's expression softened. "I know it's not fair, Yona. But we don't always get to choose our destinies."

"I don't believe in destiny," I spat out. "I make my own choices and I choose not to be a pawn in your godly war."

"You don't understand," Lucian said, frustration creeping into his voice. "The fate of the world is at stake here. You have a gift that can make a difference."

"I don't care about the fate of the world," I said, my voice shaking. "All I care about is my own life. And right now, I want to get as far away from you as possible."

Lucian's eyes flashed with anger. "Fine. If that's what you want. But don't say I didn't warn you."

I stood up, my heart pounding. "I don't need your warnings. I need you to leave me alone."

Lucian stood up as well, his expression grave. "Yona, please. Don't make this harder than it has to be. I'm here to help you."

"I don't want your help," I said, my voice shaking. "I just want to be left alone."

Lucian looked at me for a long moment, then nodded. "Very well. I'll leave you alone. But remember, Yona, you can't run from your destiny forever. It will catch up to you eventually... You are my future wife!"