23 - WARNING, this chapter contains sexual content

"Please," I pleaded with him, "just tell me what's going on

"Please," I pleaded with him, "just tell me what's going on."

Thod hesitated for a moment, then spoke in a low voice. "I'm a member of the Theocracy of Testios. We've been watching you, and we believe you have something that belongs to us."

My mind raced, trying to piece together what he was saying. The Theocracy of Testios was a powerful organization that had been rumored to be involved in some shady dealings, but I had never thought much about them.

"What do you want from me?" I asked, trying to keep the fear out of my voice.

"We want you to come with us, to Testios. You have something that belongs to us, and we need it back."

I shook my head, trying to back away from him, but he pressed the knife harder against my skin. "I won't go with you," I said, my voice barely audible through the cloth in my mouth.

Thod's eyes narrowed, and he grabbed me roughly by the arm, dragging me towards a hidden door in the back of the room. "You don't have a choice," he said, shoving me through the door.

The room on the other side was pitch-black, and I stumbled forward, barely able to see anything. Thod followed close behind, the knife still pressed to my throat. We moved through a series of twisting corridors, my heart pounding in my chest with every step.

Finally, we came to a stop, and Thod roughly shoved me down onto a chair. I heard the sound of him moving around the room, and then suddenly, something was placed over my eyes.

"What are you doing?" I cried out, struggling against the restraints that Thod had fastened around my wrists and ankles.

"I'm sorry," he said again, his voice softening. "I have to do this."

And then, a piece of cloth was shoved into my mouth, muffling my screams. I felt my body go limp as the darkness swallowed me whole, and I slipped into unconsciousness.

***

"Yona can you hear me hello?"

That voice sounded so familiar. So beautiful.

"Yona look at me."

I tried to open my eyes, but couldn't.

"Yona, come on try harder."

"Yona can you hear me hello?"

That voice sounded so familiar. So beautiful.

"Yona look at me."

I tried to open my eyes, but couldn't.

"Yona, come on try harder."

I finally opened my eyes and looked into Lucian's face. "Lucian.", I whispered in relief. "Thod, he held a knife to my neck and took me away... and..."