24

I tried to speak, but my voice caught in my throat

I tried to speak, but my voice caught in my throat. Testios continued  speaking, "I have been watching you, child. You possess a power that is  rare and precious. A power that could be harnessed for the greater good  of the world."

"What power?" I managed to croak out.

Testios  leaned forward, his eyes burning bright. "The power to see beyond the  veil. The power to communicate with the spirits of the dead."

I felt a chill run down my spine. "I don't understand," I said, my voice trembling.

Testios  sighed deeply. "You have been gifted with a rare ability, child. The  ability to speak with the dead. You are a conduit between the living and  the dead. Your divine blessing makes this possible!"

I felt a  surge of disbelief and confusion. Was Testios telling me the truth? How  was it possible that I could communicate with the dead?

Testios could see the doubt and confusion on my face, and he continued to explain, "You may not realize it, but you have been seeing spirits your whole life. Think back to all the times you have seen shadows or felt a presence that could not be explained. Those were the spirits trying to communicate with you, and you have been ignoring them all this time."

As Testios spoke, I began to recall all the strange experiences I had in the past. Memories of seeing shadows and feeling a presence flooded back to me. I had always brushed them off as my imagination or a trick of the light, but what if they were real? What if I really could communicate with the dead?

Testios must have noticed the realization on my face because he continued, "Yes, child, it is true. And with my guidance and your power, we can rule the underworld and bring balance to the world."

I felt a sense of fear and awe at the thought of ruling the underworld. Was it even possible? And did I really want to be involved in something so dark and dangerous?

"I don't know if I'm ready for something like this," I said hesitantly.

Testios looked at me with a piercing gaze. "You are the only one who can do this, child. You have been chosen by the gods for a reason. Don't waste this opportunity."

I could feel the weight of his words bearing down on me. Was I really chosen by the gods? And if I was, what was my purpose? I couldn't deny that the thought of having such power was tempting, but at what cost?

Before I could answer, Testios asked me, "Have you ever encountered any shadow creatures or dark entities?"

I remembered all the times I had encountered shadow creatures in my dreams or when I was alone in the dark. "Yes, I have," I replied.

Testios nodded knowingly. "Those are the spirits of the dead who have not moved on. They are lost and confused, and they are seeking your help to move on to the next realm. With your power, you can guide them to their final resting place and give them the peace they seek."