9

I could not quite believe what had just happened

I could not quite believe what had just happened. What was this room? What was this figure that seemed to be following me and why was it happening now?

Maybe I had imagined it?

Or maybe not?

You couldn't imagine something like that, could you? Was I already in such a mentally unstable state that I could no longer think clearly? I had always considered myself a rational person, but my dreams and my life had become increasingly more bizarre lately.

I slap my cheeks with my palms. Pull yourself together, I told myself again and again and looked at the wall where I had seen the black hole a few moments ago. Should I go to the priestess and tell her everything? No, I could not do that. She was still suspicious to me. I could not trust her.

I closed my eyes and visualized the scene in my mind. I pictured the figure, the book, the secret passage in the wall. It had happened. And it was real.

Slowly, the fear of being in a dangerous situation subsided. I was safe now. I was safe here, in my room. I was safe at home.

A laugh escaped my lips and I shook my head in disbelief.

No, that can't be right. That's crazy.

A few hours ago I was still a halfway normal person living my life and suddenly some goddess comes along and tells me that another god has taken my soul. On top of that I am told that I could throw the world into chaos, but I can avoid all that by committing suicide in order to live. What was all that fucking bullshit???

I took a deep breath and leaned back against the wall.

This was insane. I had to get out of here.

I left my room and went down the stairs. There was still a dead silence in the house. No one was there.

Behind me, the door slammed shut and the fresh breeze that meandered from the sea to the village made my hair blow in the wind. I looked back once more and made my way to Lito's house. I thought about what the priestess had said about Lito.

I set off to visit him at home. He had been carried to the village very badly injured. Although the priestess said that Eurybia had healed him, I could not believe it until I had seen him with my own eyes.

I was so absorbed in my thoughts that I didn't even notice that I was already standing in front of his door. I rang the bell and after a short wait, he answered. He looked terrible. His chest was puffed out like a football and his face was covered with bruises.

When he saw me, he smiled.

"You look terrible," I said a little awkwardly.

"Yona, I felt dead when I arrived here. You should have seen me yesterday. Compared to that, this is nothing, you dumbass. Didn't you see me when I was brought here? I looked like a squashed tomato." He laughed and I looked at himwith an evil eye.