Prologue

"Don't let them hold you back. You're better than them Chris. Don't forget me" my father whispers to me as they rip him from my arms and force him on his hands and knees to face Dylan. Our Alpha.

My mother begins to sob next to me and falls to her knees as she holds her chest. I'm still in shock at what I'm about to witness. My father's own execution.

"Henry Deveraux. For your crimes against this pack I sentence you to death and for your mate and daughter to live in exile among us." Alpha Dylan says before discarding his clothing and shifting into his wolf form.

My heart stops as I watch the men holding my father lift his head up to expose his neck to Dylan. He growls and opens his jaws. I can see my father shake but he does not cry. Dylan keeps eye contact with me the whole time as he rips my father's throat out and my mother screams his name before fainting.

He shifts back to his human form and wipes the blood from his mouth and looks back at his men and back at me and my mother.

"Take them away." He says and then points at me. "Know this Crystal. I did not enjoy killing your father. I'm sorry" he says and I feel arms begin to pull me away. I see my mother being carried and my memory goes fuzzy. I must have fainted as well.

My father was..different from others. Creative. No. He was a rebel. He hated the whole Alpha system amongst the different packs in our world. He thought wolves should live equally amongst eachother and the fact that we didn't was the reason why we had murderous rogues. My mother listened to him but never agreed. I never liked that about her. She never expressed her self on what she thought. She was my own mother and I barely knew her.

Which is why the next morning when I found her body hanging in her room I didn't feel anything. I was too numb. It was too much to handle. All I could do was alert others and bury her myself. Now I was alone.

My father was sentenced to death when Alpha Dylan heard that he wanted kill him. It wasn't true. Someone mistook what he said and now he's dead and buried without a grave to mark him.

I grew up with Dylan, but once he became Alpha, I became cut off from his life. His father said I was a distraction from finding his mate.

I shouldn't have acted the way that I did after my mother and father's death. I stayed inside for weeks and rumors began to spread that I was plotting to kill Dylan.

I believed the rumors to be innocent until one day I overhead Dylan's men beginning to run towards my house. They were going to take me. I had no choice.

There was no time to grab anything when they broke down my door. I shifted and ran out the back. But I could hear their howling following me very closely.

My name is Crystal Deveraux. The last of my name. And I have gone Rogue.