Part twenty

Dan's POV

WHAT THE FUCK WAS EVAN DOING?

Just as Evan kissed me, the door opened and Phil walked in only to be surprised.

I forced Evan off me and gasped then wiped my mouth in disgust.

Without saying a word, Phil glared at Evan and took a step towards him before slapping him across the face.

I stood there, dumbstruck. Instead of yelling at me or Evan, Phil slapped Evan. Phil wasn't a violent person, everyone knew that. He wouldn't hurt a fly and I couldn't have been more surprised when he slapped Evan.

"Now leave and don't touch either one of us or I will hit you." Phil said calmly to Evan who was clutching his cheek.

With a torn expression, Evan let his hand fall and he slowly walked out. I could have sworn I saw tears but I was to surprised to actually check.

"I'm sorry-" I started to apologize but he cut me off.

"He didn't hurt you, did he? I hate him so much, that's probably the worst thing I've ever witnessed." he sighed and hugged me tightly.

"No, I'm fine. I'm really surprised though." I admitted.

"Oh, the slap?" Phil giggled nervously. "It's not as impressive as it seemed. It actually hurt my hand... A lot"

I laughed and kissed his cheek. "You're so cute."

"You weren't kissing him, right?" Phil asked.

"Ew, no! I actually thought you were going to start yelling at me when you walked in."

"I had a feeling you wouldn't do that to me, especially with Evan."

"I wouldn't ever cheat on you! Why would I do that when I have Phil Lester?"

He smiled and nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck. "I'm so glad you're mine."

*****

"So can we film that tomorrow then?" Phil was saying but his text tone interrupted his new and quite brilliant idea for a new YouTube video.

"Did someone text you?" I asked and he pulled it his phone and nodded slowly.

"Who?"

"Evan."

I hesitated before replying with a soft "oh". Why was Evan texting Phil? Why did Phil still have his number?

"I'm going to read it out loud." Phil said. "'Phil, to both of you, I am so sorry. I don't know what went through my mind last night. I wanted to apologize to Dan and you but I was lost in my own thoughts and I kissed Dan-'" Phil flinched slightly "'-and I honestly didn't mean to. I don't trust myself to visit you guys and apologize in person but if you'd be willing to come by so I can apologize, that be great. I know I've been a terrible person but I really am sorry. I've had an awful life and now that I actual have friends, I go and mess it up by letting out my anger from my past on you guys. I need people like you in my life. I'm sorry.'"

Phil locked his phone and put it down, starting at it for a moment before glancing up at me.

"What do you think?" I asked him with nothing else to say.

"I hate him and I refuse to accept his stupid apologies. Anyone can say sorry and not mean it." Phil said sternly.

I thought about it and remembered how he said his life wasn't the brightest or something and then how he mentioned it again in the message he sent to Phil.

"Maybe we should go-" I began, trying to be open minded about this but Phil wasn't having it.

"What? No! He kissed you yesterday and I had to see that! He lied to me for two months! He beat you up so many times and you want to go to his place?!? Dan, we aren't going. End of story."

I sighed. "Yes, he beat me up, he would kiss you in front of me to make me jealous, he acted all cute and cuddly with you to see my pain, he tried to convince you to move in with him, he did so many things to hurt me because he knew I wanted you but Phil, he said he didn't have a good life. He even told me that last night. What if he's going through something similar to me? I honestly don't care if he's the biggest asshole in the world, I wouldn't want him to feel the way I felt throughout my teenage years. What I went through is horrible and there are many people who are going through worse things. I don't want to go to hear him apologize because I'm not forgiving him either. I want to know what he's gone through and see if I can help. If you don't want to, it's fine, I'll go alone although I would rather you come."

I took a deep breath after that and waited for Phil's answer.

"I... Dan, you're so caring and I love that but I'm not going. I don't want to see him, hear him or talk about him. I guess I want him to be okay but I'm not going to try to help him after what happened. You go if you want because I'm not going anywhere."

I hated how this went from a small talk about YouTube videos to Evan. But as much as I hated him, I was going to go, even if it was alone.

"Okay. I'm going to go right now then before it gets dark outside. I'll be in less than an hour or so."

I stood from the floor I had been siting on and went to get dressed before putting on my shoes and getting my jacket.

It was only 5pm and I didn't feel very good about this but if not now then when?

******

"Dan? I'm so sorry-" Evan began saying but I held my hand up to stop him.

"I'm not here to hear you apologize. I want to hear about your past, if you let me."

He looked confused at first then sad.

"Oh. I... yeah, I'll tell you. Please, sit. It's probably going to take a while."

***********

I DID IT I UPDATED YAYAYAYAYAY

IM SO SORRY IT TOOK AGES WOW I JUST UGH BLAH OH WELL SORRY ILY

ok stay tuned for the next part because there's still a few things you might not know about Evan and there's a surprise coming up!! agh I can't believe this is the 20th part like wow I'm actually doing this

ok I love you all sosososo much annddd

byyeeee cx