Part twelve

Phil's POV

It's been a week since I had built up the courage to kiss Dan and it hasn't stopped; we would kiss here and there, hug more often but other than that, we cuddled and talked and things were perfect.

I didn't exactly know what we were; were we a couple? Friends with benefits? Whatever it was, it was a secret that we kept from everyone and honestly, I was happy that it was a secret, I didn't think I was ready to go straight to the sudden talk about Dan and I being together.

"You two seem oddly close." Chris laughed, pointing at me and Dan.

We had all (even Evan) wanted to spend time together for some reason and decide, why not just go to a restaurant?

"What?" Dan snorted. "What do you mean 'oddly close', Phil and I have always been like this!"

"You guys always look like a couple though!" PJ exclaimed and winked at me.

I rolls my eyes. "Whatever guys, I'm going to use the restroom."

I got up and walked away from our table.

Just as I was about to go back to the table, Evan walked into the restroom. I dried my hands quickly whilst trying to avoid him but he caught me.

"Hey, Phil!"

"Er, hi."

"I wanted to talk to you about something." he went on I was obligated to listen. "Sorry that I'm asking this here but I was wondering if you were busy tomorrow night?"

He blushed whilst looking at his hands, waiting for a response.

Did he just ask me out on a date? He did.

What have I got to lose? It's not like Dan and I are even a thing.

"No, I'm not busy." I told Evan and he looked up at me with a smile.

"Would you like to go on a-"

Then Dan walked in.

"I'd love to." I answered Evan's unfinished question even though Dan was right there.

"Awesome! I'll be going back then.." with a swift glance at Dan, he left, leaving me alone with Dan.

"You'd love to what?" Dan asked me.

"It's nothing." I replied, about to leave as well when he grabbed my arm and pulled me back to him.

"Are you not going to tell me?"

"Dan, it doesn't matter."

He sighed. "Fine."

I wasn't making anything better.

"I'll tell you later." I told him and he smiled.

"Good. Now let's go back before PJ and Chris think something's happening." Dan smirked and I laughed.

He grabbed my face and kissed me hard before letting me go and I walked out first.

I tried acting as casual as possible when Chris and PJ eyed me and smiled at Evan who just wouldn't stop staring at me. It made me a bit uncomfortable but also made me feel special in a way because of the way he was looking at me.

************

"So, what did not-Evan Peters ask you?" Dan asked me, setting his laptop aside after browsing the internet for hours and stretching.

Does it really matter?" I groaned, not wanting to talk or think about Evan or the fact that I was going on a date with him tomorrow.

"You said you would tell me! So tell me!" he complained and I groaned again, grabbing a pen and pretending to stab myself in the chest with it.

Dan crossed his arms and waited.

I let out a sigh. "He, er, kinda asked me out on a date..."

I could literally feel the atmosphere change and the tension. Dan had a blank expression and I knew he didn't expect it to be that.

"'I'd love to'?" Dan said in an asking kind of tone whilst looking at me in disbelief.

With nothing else to do, I shrugged then nodded.

"So you're going on a date with Evan?"

I nodded again.

It went silent and I wished I had kept my mouth shut and made up an excuse to not say anything, but it was Dan. He could make me say anything and do anything.

"What the actual fuck, Phil?" Dan blurted out yelling at me and I cringed into the sofa. "Did you not think of me? Am I nothing? What about us? What about me?!?"

He was glaring at me but I could see the hurt in his eyes. This was the second time I hurt him.

But what were we? He never did specify what we were if we even were anything at all.

"What about us?" I asked him, repeating his question. "What are we? Are we even a thing? You never did tell me what we are! You can't blame me for saying yes and giving Evan a chance!"

"Oh, I'm sorry Philip, I'd think you were smart enough to fucking know that since something was happening, we must have been something as well!" he snapped.

"I'm sorry for being so stupid then! This sure isn't a god damn relationship so I'm guessing we're just friends with benefits and if that's it, then why are you mad at me? I can do whatever I please, Dan, this is my life, not yours!" I yelled back, now standing up as well.

"You're right. Why do I care? Have fun on your date with that twat, I don't care! Our friends with benefits bullshit that you started is over! Have a great life Philip Lester and good night." he pushed me aside with such force that I stumbled but forced myself still and he left.

Dan's POV

I hope they have fun, I hope they're happy, I hope that asshole treats Phil the way he deserves to be treated and I hope Phil opens his eyes and realizes that I have been madly in love with him for too long to let this all go just like that.

Banging on Chris' front door, I tried to make myself look less pathetic as I wiped my tears away but only more flood onto my face.

"Dan! What happened?" Chris grabbed my arm, pulling me into his place and I saw PJ with a worried expression before realizing I was probably interfering something.

I opened my mouth to apologize but no words came out and I started crying even more.

"Dan, say something, anything. What happened?" PJ took me to the living room while Chris went to get me a glass of water.

I tried speaking again but it just wasn't working and I shook my head, putting my head in my hands.

I took a few deep breaths and looked back up, taking the glass that Chris handed to me.

"Does it have to do with Phil?" PJ tried getting something out of me again.

I just gave them a nod. They looked at each other than back at me.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I shook my head.

"It's late and we're not letting you back out at this time so is the sofa okay for tonight?"

I nodded.

"Alright, if you need anything, tell us, we're here for you."

They both left and the lights were turned off, making me panic. I tried looking around for a light but found nothing.

"Oh, sorry Dan. Forgot about your fear." Chris turned the lights back on and I immediately calmed down and smiled at him.

I lay on the sofa and cried until I drifted into a deep sleep.

********

Update yay ^~^ I have so much homework to do so byyeeee cx