Ch. 45 Reinforcements

Anything I should know about him?" Gaara asked in a hushed tone, his eyes set on the Sound ninja standing in front of them. Even he had to admit that Kimimaro looked rather intimidating by normal standards but, being a jinchuuriki, he knew better than to be intimidated by a transformation that wasn't stronger than the demon sealed within him.

Next to him Naruto and Ino exchanged a quick look, silently agreeing on how to fight the Sound ninja. "He hasn't shown much but he's deadly if you fight him up close," Naruto informed with a frown on his face, "We'll just have to create an opening with long-range attacks and take him out with a powerful attack."

Gaara nodded calmly, "What 'powerful attack' will that be?"

"Naruto's Rasengan will be perfect for this," Ino answered. "I know what it can do and I'm sure he won't waste any opportunity we give him."

"I see," Gaara muttered before turning to Naruto with an almost worried look on his face, "Can you really do it?"

Naruto looked at his two teammates before breaking into a grin, an air of confidence around him, "It won't be easy to fool him again but I'll get it done."

Kimimaro suddenly charged at the group of muttering ninja, two bone swords emitting from his hands as his rough tail left a trail on the ground. Gaara was quick to fire a shot of sand at the incoming ninja though it only managed to slow him down for a second before he broke through the sand with ease.

"Wind Style: Wind Wave!" Naruto shot a blast of wind at the ground, kicking up a cloud of dust before jumping away from the area. Ino and Gaara followed after him, watching as Kimimaro emerged from the cloud of dust.

Kimimaro had a frown on his face. The three ninja weren't making things easy and were quick to get away from him. He knew that if one of his attacks connected it was over but it looked as if it wouldn't be too easy.

"We can't keep running away," Ino complained with a few beads of sweat running down her face.

"She's right," Gaara agreed with his arms crossed, "We won't achieve anything unless we go on the offensive."

"Don't worry," Naruto assured with a focused expression, his eyes glued on the enemy. Kimimaro was simply standing there as if calculating his next move. The Chunin grinned slightly, a plan forming on his head, "Just keep him busy with long-range attacks. I've got a plan."

Gaara glanced at Naruto before turning back to the enemy. "I hope it works," he muttered before shooting a wave of sand at Kimimaro.

The Sound ninja was quick to jump away before pointing a hand at Naruto. Bones gathered at the tips of his fingers before shooting at him. The blond Chunin didn't move as a cloud of sand gathered in front of him, blocking the incoming projectiles. Kimimaro turned to the red-haired ninja knowing that he would be the one he needed to take out first. With that in mind, he jumped at Gaara with his two swords held back.

'But where did the kunoichi go?' Kimimaro wondered as he sailed through the air. He suddenly heard movement from behind him and quickly turned to the source, eyes widening when seeing Ino right behind him. He turned his body in order to attack bu, before he could defend himself she threw a punch at him, connecting with his torso and cracking some bones on contact. A groan of pain escaped his lips before being launched away from the kunoichi, landing painfully on the ground.

"That was great Ino!" Naruto cheered from a near tree branch.

'What was that?' Kimimaro stood up slowly, his upper torso in pain. 'It's impossible for her to be so physically strong, she's too small for that,' he glared at the three ninja before his eyes widened in realization, 'That punch was similar to the one Lord Orochimaru's old teammate gave me. Since the same blond ninja is here then that means that they might know each other. I"ll have to watch out for her taijutsu.'