Ch. 41 Stand Tall Choji!

You'll pay for letting them get away," Jirobo glared at the Leaf ninja.

Choji's stance stiffened, his legs bent slightly in case he needed to move away from the area. The Sound ninja made no sings of moving, instead, he continued to glare at him with a frown on his face.

"I should have guessed that Konoha shinobi would leave their comrades behind," Jirobo growled as he ran through hand signs. "But it doesn't matter. All I have to do is kill you and then go after your 'comrades!'" the Sound ninja slammed his hand on the ground. The ground began to shake before suddenly erupting, creating a large dust cloud that shielded the Sound ninja from view.

The sound of footsteps was the only warning Choji had as Jirobo suddenly emerged from the dust cloud, charging at him with his right fist held back. Choji, trusting his own strength, tried to catch the fist but was overwhelmed by the cheer power behind it. The Genin let out a gasp of pain, unknowingly dropping his guard. Jirobo smirked as he struck Choji on the stomach with his knee.

The Leaf ninja choked back a cry before being knocked away by a hard punch to his face. Choji sailed through the air before painfully crashing on the ground. He grit his teeth in pain as he managed to stand back up, his left hand aching from his attempt to stop Jirobo's fist.

"What's wrong fatass?" Jirobo taunted with a smirk, noticing the slight clench on the Leaf ninja's fists, "Now that those trash shinobi abandoned you, nobody can help you. I'll make sure to enjoy your chakra once you're taken down."

Choji glared at the Sound ninja, "Don't you ever… talk about my friends like that!" The Genin began to spin in place, kicking up clouds of dust as he grew in size, "Human Boulder!"

Choji rolled towards Jirobo, the ground beneath the two of them shaking. The Sound ninja planted his feet on the ground, smirking at the attempt of an attack. He let out a grunt as his hands slammed against the rolling ninja, stopping him dead on his tracks.

"Pathetic," the Sound ninja smirked as he brought his foot back. "You call this an attack?" he brought his foot forward in a powerful kick that sent the young Genin hurling through the air. Choji's size returned to normal as he crashed against the ground, a gasp of pain leaving his mouth.

'I have to use it,' Choji gritted his teeth in pain as he managed to sit up. There was no way that he could go against someone like Jirobo without using his secret weapon. He reached into his jacket's pocket and took out a glass case containing three different colored pills.

Jirobo watched as the Genin stood up and, not wanting to give him a chance to move, he charged at him almost immediately. He raised his right fist, prepared to deliver another blow since he couldn't be stopped once he began moving.

As the Sound ninja grew closer to Choji, the latter began to move towards his enemy. Jirobo almost smirked before his eyes widened in shock, a tremendous amount of pain shooting through his stomach. Lowering his head he saw Choji's fist implanted to his gut, 'H-how?'

Choji took hold his enemy's arm, easily slinging him over his shoulder and hurling him through the air. "Human Boulder!" he exclaimed once more as he regained the shape of a large spinning boulder. Not giving Jirobo a chance to land, he shot at him, the ground beneath him breaking apart.

While on the air, Jirobo managed to see the incoming attack. He ran through hand signs as he twisted in the air. As soon as his feet touched the ground he slapped his hands on it, a wall of earth raising from the ground and covering him from view.

Choji slammed against the wall of earth, immediately coming to a stop. He dropped his jutsu just as the wall came down. Jirobo was in front of him immediately, throwing another punch. Choji raised his right hand quickly, catching the incoming punch without much trouble. Using his other hand he threw a punch at the enemy ninja, managing to hit him on the chest.