Ch.31 One Final Struggle

Naruto roared in rage, a powerful shockwave rocking the area, kicking up clouds of sand and powerful winds. Red Death gripped her scythe tightly, the jinchuuriki was only using a portion of the Kyuubi but it was still enough to leave a mark if she wasn't careful. Crimson eyes glared into hers and time seemed to stop. Both Whirlpool survivors glared at each other before a chakra arm shot out of the jinchuuriki's stomach.

Red Death cursed and swung her scythe, creating a powerful stream of fire. Naruto's eyes hardened as the chakra arm grew close to the attack. Adding more demonic chakra, the arm seemed to flare up and easily broke through the attack without losing momentum. The chakra arm punched at the enemy but it was suddenly blocked by an invisible force around the enemy ninja.

The jinchuuriki scowled and applied more force against the kind of barrier. The chakra arm flared up once more, pushing even harder against whatever was protecting Red Death. Cracks suddenly formed around the ninja before the arm finally broke through with the sound of breaking glass. Naruto smirked as the chakra arm wrapped around Red Death's body.

"I finally got you!" the jinchuuriki exclaimed as he raised the arm high before crashing it against the sand with a loud crash. The Chunin relaxed his stance before hearing a familiar 'poof' coming from the area of impact. His eyes widened as he focused on where Red Death's body should be but found nothing but sand, "Dammit."

Naruto slipped into his taijutsu stance as his eyes scanned the area for any sort of movement. A gasp escaped his lips once he spotted a sign of movement to his right. In an instant he charged at the source with his eyes focusing on the figure ahead. Another chakra arm ripped out of the red cloak surrounding the blond and headed straight for the enemy.

Red Death raised her scythe, small sparks of lighting gathering around it before the blade turned a bright color blue. The jinchuuriki frowned and ran through hand signs, hoping to be fast enough. The enemy ninja swung the scythe against the incoming chakra arm, breaking through it with no trouble before charging at the jinchuuriki with her scythe raised above her head.

"Wind Style: Air Bullets!" Naruto exclaimed as powerful blasts of wind shot out of his mouth. Red Death's eyes widened as the attack made contact with her torso, followed by three more blasts of wind. The jinchuuriki growled when he saw that his attacks didn't even push the ninja back. His eyes narrowed in confusion as the ninja grew closer. Suddenly a blast of realization hit him just as a bright yellow light glowed around the scythe.

"Shit!" Naruto cursed as two chakra arms shot out of his back and dug into the sand. Red Death stopped her run and pointed the scythe at the blond. The weapon shook almost uncontrollably from the amount of chakra it had absorbed. The Whirlpool ninja's eyes glared into the blond's as a yellow blast of chakra exploded out of her scythe.

Just as the attack was about to hit, the jinchuuriki was suddenly thrown into the air by the two chakra arms from earlier. The Chunin watched as the yellow blast of chakra exploded against the sand, kicking up sand everywhere. He would have been dead if the attack hit, there was no doubt and he knew for a fact that he had to find a way to deactivate the seals around Red Death's body.

This was no easy feat though. In order to do this he would need time to think of his next move which was hard to do with the amount of hate being poured into his system. His control over the bloodlust of the Kyuubi was fading and he would soon be reduced to an almost mindless beast. With what little common sense he had, the jinchuuriki gathered that the best thing to do would be to break through the seal with pure power.

Judging by how the scythe had been shaking he knew that there was a limit to how much chakra it could take. It was logical, in his clouded state of mind, that if he were to use the fox's chakra against the seals then they would break.