| Tsìng (4) |

-
Italics: (Na'vi language, or Metkayina sign language, and Jake's inner thoughts)

A/N: Ive been saying this a lot recently but just a small reminder; don't forget to comment :,) Don't be ghost readers, I love reading your replies and they make me so happy 🤍 I hope you guys like this chapter! I promise things will start to pick up.
-

The eclipse had passed before the kids could even begin to register it and soon, it became nighttime

The eclipse had passed before the kids could even begin to register it and soon, it became nighttime. The forest had darkened, and there was no longer light to see the forest in, but now, at least they had the moonlight to guide them. Soon enough, Neteyam and Jake landed on a big tree to let their Ikrans perch themselves on the branches and trunks.

Jake hopped off his Ikran and grabbed his gun and other weapons while strapping them around his back. Neteyam got off his own Ikran and grabbed his bow and arrow, passed down to him by Neytiri before she died. Before the oldest Sully brother could step any closer, Jake stepped in front of his son cautiously.

"No, no. You stay with the Ikran," Jake said, buckling in his vest with his weapons, looking back occasionally to make sure no one was around. Neteyam visibly stiffened at his father's words. "Dad, I'm a warrior like you. I'm supposed to fight," Neteyam said, really wanting to accompany his father to save his siblings and Spider.

"Neteyam," Jake said, with a tone of warning. He didn't want him in direct line of danger, especially what happened at the train raid a few days before, and because a repeat of what happened to Neytiri because of the Sky People was not needed. Jake knew Neteyam wanted to fight, but he was sure of his decision that he should stay back for now and not engage. It was for his safety.

"I'm not gonna say it again. Stay back, I mean it" Jake warned, completely dead set on having his son stay where he couldn't be hurt. After a few seconds, Neteyam nodded and reluctantly turned back to the Ikran. "Yes, sir," He muttered, and that was enough for Jake to finally get on his way to where his children were being held.

As he watched his dad go off into battle, Neteyam turned his head around with a determined and sure look on his face. He couldn't just sit back and not help bring back his siblings. He was a warrior, it's who he was, it was undeniable and he wanted to prove that he was completely capable and competent to do it. He knew that the mission a few days ago made his father warier and more concerned for his safety, doubting letting him out on the field of battle, but he was ready. He really, and truly was. He'll be damned if he stood by doing nothing to get back those he loves.

Back with Quaritch and his crew, the Colonel was still watching the video footage of the moment he was killed. He watched as Neytiri shot a second arrow directly into his chest his human body. Spider was still watching the video as he peeked from behind the rock he was in, with pure terror spread across his face. He looked away for a second, turning his head away to stop looking. A thousand thoughts ran through his mind, he could barely process them all at once.