| Volaw (9) |

-
Italics: (Na'vi language, or Metkayina sign language, and Jake's inner thoughts)

A/N: Before we move onto the stort, I know Ive been saying this a lot recently but just a small reminder; don't forget to comment <3 Don't be ghost readers, I love reading and replying to all of your comments and they make my day. You guys give me so much motivation to continue 🤍 I hope you guys like this chapter!

Also, I feel kinda iffy about the this chapter, I don't know why. I guess I'll feel better about it later on but I hope the slow burn is really living up to its name in this story shsj Im trying to do more angst and fluff too. Im gradually including more of those conversations between y/n and Jake so they learn more about each other.
-

You and Jake continued to walk side by side as you awaited his first question

You and Jake continued to walk side by side as you awaited his first question. He didn't dare to admit it but he couldn't help but be curious about you and Vokan. He wants to know what the warriors interest roots from, even if it may not be what he wants to hear, Jake's curiosity got the better of him and he wanted to know. He just had to word it in a way that didn't make you uncomfortable or freak you out.

Before he could regret it, Jake opened his mouth and the question came out. "I know maybe its not my place, but what's the deal with you and that warrior. Vokan, is it?" He asked, with his voice as unwavering as he could make it seem. To Jake's surprise, you didn't seem that bothered by the question at all. In fact, you seemed to go in deep thought. Seems like its a frequent question for you.

"Don't worry. I get that question a lot, believe it or not. Vokan didn't start speaking to me up to a year ago, and before that, we never spoke. Now, people know why he's been a lot more close to me recently" You said, turning to Jake and judging by his certain expression, he was listening intently to what you had to say. "And why is that?" Jake inquired, prompting you to sigh deeply and look forward once again.

"It will soon be time for me to find a mate. Tonowari and Ronal have announced it to the clan several times, which has lead to every family of the village to offer their oldest son as a contender for me, in order to marry" You began, and Jake breathed out shakily, not sure why the thought of you mating and marrying gave him slight uneasiness and discomfort. He pushed those thoughts away and continued to listen to you. This was clearly important to you and he would give you his undivided attention.

"I'm set to be the next Tsahik, and with that, comes the honor of a man in the village to be Olo'eyktan. Because of that, many older warriors offer up their sons for the role, which is why Vokan has been showing interest. His father is a very respected warrior. I am not sure if he just wants to mate to be Olo'eyktan or if because he feels something for me, but I don't want to mate just for the sake of it. I don't want an arranged marriage" You said, and Jake nodded. Your situation reminded him of what Tsu'tey and Neytiri were planned to be before he arrived with the Omaticaya, but in this case, you don't have anyone chosen yet.