| Vopey (11) |

-
Italics: (Na'vi language, or Metkayina sign language, and Jake's inner thoughts)

A/N: This chapter you guys will see a bit more of Y/n's relationship with Tonowari and Ronal, so I hope you guys enjoy the parental role that they have over her and her life.

Before we move onto the chapter, I know Ive been saying this a lot recently but just a small reminder; don't forget to comment <3 I love reading and replying to all of your comments and they make my day. 🤍 I hope you guys like this chapter!
-

About a week passed and things could not have been better

About a week passed and things could not have been better. You and Jake spent almost every waking moment together, and it has given you time to get to know one another on a personal level. Not quite to those things about each other that have deep emotional wounds, but more the things that make each other who you are. Out of everyone in the village Jake felt like he could confide in you the most, which is what he needed. He hasn't felt like he could tell anyone what he was feeling in a long time, so he's glad you've been there every step of the way since him and his family have arrived.

The more the lessons continued, the closer you two got, and whenever that he forgot that he was supposed to keep boundaries with you, he remembered, not only that he was still not emotionally ready yet, but that you were set to be mated with someone else. Neither of you addressed it, and neither of you would act on it either. Being friends is what worked. Jake's resolve was slowly starting to fade and you were making it hard for him to stay away. Whenever you two spent time together, he forgot about his problems and it seems like his world had none in those moments with you.

You knew that things were moving a bit fast. You have never taken a liking for someone you've met only two weeks ago, especially when you knew that this is the first time you've had this type feeling for anyone in a long time. Even when you first met Hahona, it was only when you were young teens and you only started feeling things for him well into adulthood and then mated years later. Given that, you've never started feeling such strong feelings for someone this fast before.

There was something brewing inside of you, and you couldn't quite place what it was, but you were certain that Jake wasn't available emotionally right now and you would respect that. You didn't even know when you started wondering if he was available or even if he felt something for you too, anything at all. Even the most miniscule of feelings. As planned, you'd have to try and accept Vokan as your future mate like you had stated to Jake previously, despite the conflicting emotions, (that you still hadn't deciphered), that you held for him.

Aside from that, There's not only those moments, but you've gotten closer to the kids as well. You've helped Neteyam train with the traditional Metkayina style of hunting, seeing how eager he was to become a warrior. It was an honorable dream so you wouldn't dare deny him the chance to learn, especially if his family would be staying here for the long run.

Kiri and you have talked endlessly; swapping stories, learning about one another (and finding that you two had much more in common than you thought). She was a gentle and calm girl. Given that you saw her controlling the fish the other day, she explained to you how strange of a discovery it was for her too. It was truly a gift and it seems fitting for a girl as sweet and kind like Kiri.