CHAPTER-36

Thanks for voting and commenting on my previous Chapter. I am very sorry for not updating you yesterday, I went to a seminar yesterday afternoon and it got extended till late evening.

Soon Roeena along with Shakthi was sitting in the London airport lounge waiting for their luggage. "Shakthi, I hope this will be a new beginning for you." Said Reena patting his arm. "Even I hope so." Said Shakthi. Rocky smiled at Reena and Shakthi's bond. They got their luggage and went out of the Airport and found Rajendra Desai waiting for them to receive them.

(Note: He went a few days early to plan for the party)

They reached Desai's mansion and Rajendra Desai's close friend and business partner, Andrews was waiting with his wife. She did aarti for the couple and led them inside. They sat on the couch and Andrews started speaking, "So, this is the Jammai of Desai house." He said and smiled at the couple. "This is Andrew uncle and Jenny Aunty, we are family friends for a long time," said Reena introducing the couple. Rocky greeted the with a smile and Jenny said, "Why don't you guys go and freshen up?, I'll check whether the food is ready or not." Said Jenny standing up. 

Reena showed Shakthi the guestroom and took Rocky to her room. Her room was painted lavender, there was a queen-sized bed, and a wall was filled with pictures of Reena and Rajendra Desai. Rocky looked around the room with interest, sat on her soft bed, and looked at the things on the bedside table. There was a picture of Reena with her Mom and Dad and a huge teddy was on the bed.

 Reena hugged the teddy and whispered, "I missed you, Teddy." Rocky heard it as she settled on the bed and rested her head on his shoulder and said "Mumma gifted this Teddy to me for my tenth birthday, after she left me Papa brought me here and after that, he sent me away to a boarding school as he was busy working to give me a good life. So this Teddy always gives me the warmth and comfort that real people failed to give me." Tears poured out from Reena's eyes when she said all this, Rocky gathered her in his arms and rubbed her back vigorously, and said "I am with you, I will always be by your side." 

He said kissing her temple. They heard a knock at the door, Rocky opened the door and found Rajendra Desai standing there Reena quickly wiped her tears and smiled at her father. "Your room is still the same nah beti, I have it cleaned every day and maintained the same as you left it." Said Rajendra Desai looking around. Reena smiled and said, "Yes Papa." Said Reena looking around. 

"Okay, you both freshen up and come down soon." Said Rajendra Desai and left the place. Roeena came down to the dining table and found everyone waiting for them. After having their food, Andrew and Jenny invited Roeena to their house for dinner. Rajendra Desai got ready for his work and Rocky went to him and said, "Uncle, I already told nah Shakthi is here to join your office." "Yes beta let him rest well for a few days and get rid of his jetlag and then join the office by next Monday, I am leaving for the office now you all rest well, Mrs. Cockles the house help is here she will take care of your needs. 

Roeena and Shakthi rested the entire day and in the evening Roeena curled together on the swing in the garden with mugs of Cocoa and a blanket around them. "Jenny aunty has invited us for dinner, we have to get ready." Said Reena snuggling into Rocky's embrace. "Hmm," said Rocky as he stroked her hair and kissed her hair. "They don't have any children, so they consider me as their daughter." Said Reena looking up at Rocky. Rocky looked at her as she continued to speak, "Andrews Uncle and Papa were close friends right from their childhood, they relocated with us just for me. 

One day when we went Camping in the woods Uncle and Papa was a bit tipsy and Uncle admitted to me that he always yearned to have a daughter like me, he said that before Jenny aunty. She apologized to me immediately, I requested her not to fight with her uncle regarding this. She told me, "I never have to guts to fight with him if someone else had been in his place they would have left me stating children as a reason." Rocky noticed Reena's eyes were lined with tears as she narrated the incidents. 

"I have never seen Uncle hurting Aunty in any way or using any issue. According to me, they are the best Couple despite their shortcomings." Rocky hugged her tight and rested his head on hers. Reena pulled out of the hug, faced Rocky, and asked, "Rocky, I met your extended family during our wedding but Shakthi's parents. I have never seen him mention them also. Where are they?" "Why suddenly his question?" asked Rocky cupping her cheek. 

"My Uncle and Aunt got divorced when Shakthi was three, Prakash Uncle is a Colonel in the Army and Heera Aunty married for the second time and she currently resides in Dubai. Shakthi grew up with dadi in Mandya, every month Uncle and Aunty will send money for him. Mom and Dad brought him to Bangalore when he was five. He lived with us till we were in twelfth grade. When Uncle received his share of properties from his parents he sent a part of that money to Shakthi, with that money and the savings he had already Shakthi got a Flat for him when he started college."

 Reena looked at Rocky for a moment and asked, "He would have yearned for the love of his parents whenever he saw your family right?" Rocky nodded and said, "Andrews's Uncle and Jenny Aunty are such a good couple but they couldn't become parents and Shakthi is an amazing son but he has no parents." "Rocky, shall we take Shakthi with us for the dinner? Maybe he won't feel lonely here." Asked Reena with a bright smile. Rocky nodded happily